Alaska pre-paid meal packages

Nettie8019

Am new to Princess cruises and realize this is for the land portion of the land-cruise tour we booked for July 7th this year. Having cruised on HAL twice before to Alaska, we wanted to go inland and this cruise’s itinerary persuaded us. Can anyone explain to me what this meal plan is and how to find information on Princess about it?

Posted (edited)

Haven't purchased a stand-alone meal package but have done 13 day and 15 day Connoisseur Cruise Tours that included "most" meals. Our first stay at the Fairbanks lodge we had a multi-course dinner with beer and wine included as well as a good breakfast the next morning. At the Denali lodge we had a dinner in the main restaurant that included an entree, a dessert, and a non-alcoholic drink. My wife ordered the crab legs which, in 2016, were listed at $55. (She had them again in 2019 but I don't remember the cost at that time.) I don't remember what I ordered either time but it was no cost to me. We also had a breakfast at another venue. I believe we had a choice of two places and chose the buffet in a bar which was quite good. I don't remember where we ate at McKinley lodge (I think we had a choice of two places at the lodge) but both dinner and breakfast were included. At Copper River lodge we had dinner and breakfast included at the lodge restaurant. At Kenai lodge we had an excellent dinner - choice of beef or chicken or veggie - with dessert and both wine and beer included as well as breakfast.

You may have noticed that lunch was generally not an included item. I have no idea how this compares to the stand-alone meal plan but we were quite happy with the meals included with the Connoisseur Cruise Tours.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nettie8019 said:

Can anyone explain to me what this meal plan is and how to find information on Princess about it?

Here's the link to the Princess Alaska Cruise tour FAQ's https://www.princess.com/en-us/faq/cruisetours

There is a section about halfway down the page titled 'Pre-Paid Alaska Meal Plans' that you can look at.  There's also a PDF with meal plan package pricing but it's from 2023 -- it doesn't look like they have 2024 published yet.  

We have a cruise tour booked for late May/early June so I had looked for this info myself 🙂  If you're using a TA perhaps they can get you the 2024 meal plan pricing.  We've decided to just pay as we go since many lunches are included in our activities already and we're not big breakfast eaters.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recommend buying the Connoisseur package for an Alaska CruiseTour.  It is the only thing I regretted about not doing on our Alaska trip. If we ever get to go again we will gladly buy it. Yes it seems like more money, but have no regrets on this.

• 3 weeks later...

I have read through all the information on meal plans and after discussing with my husband, we too have decided to just pay as we go. Thank you again to all for your contributions and suggestions!

• Like 2