Scenic river cruise Ebikes

Bizziecruzer

My in house expert has spoken, no throttle but three position lever and evidently speed of peddling. Never tried one myself but he uses his regularly. He also says that Scenic upgrade regularly so this may or may not change although so far not a throttle in sight. I’m pretty sure they are German machines.

On our Boudreaux cruise so many signed up they hired e-bikes in, what a fun sight watching some usually strait laced individuals coming to terms with this new invention. 
You do get full training and cannot go off on your own until your capability is assessed, helmets are must, I think they are a requirement across Europe. 
Wait til you see the bikes in some of our European cities! Enjoy.

14 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Could anyone who has taken an  ebike tour with Scenic in Europe, advise of the ebikes have a throttle?

I didn't ride one, but several people who did on our 2022 Bordeaux cruise found they had the pedal a lot as the motor wasn't powerful enough. The bikes were very heavy and some found them too much work.

My DH has his own E bike and found no challenges with those provided by Scenic he was the only previous user in the group which in the first instance was small they gained members as the cruise continued. They eventually became quite a clique several never having used an e-bike before. On this cruise there were always two guides in this case husband & wife.

Last year on Scenic Amber the bikes were three position switch.  Relatively flat for our Vienna tour.  The bikes had no trouble going up the ramps to cross the roadways.