Anyone Currently In The Haven On Breakaway Do Me A Small Favor?

We were on Breakaway in early February and, by a strange twist of fate, will be on again at the end of April.

We got quite friendly with the bar staff in the Haven, namely Naveen and Raymond (also a barback called Anastasia). It's not critical, but if someone on board could let me know if they're still there and if they'll be there in late April/early May, I'd be very grateful.

TIA.

14 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

I guess no-one on board is following this forum, huh?

Good guess. Exactly how many people would you expect to be on a specific ship, at this specific time, in the Haven, reading through CC threads? 😆

Posted (edited)

This was on the Celebrity Edge a few years ago.  I posted that I was going to do a live thread here.

One person saw my live thread and asked me to chase down a particular bartender that they said she became quite fond of and was quite close to.  She wanted me to find this bartender, and ask her why she had not responded to this guest (I suppose they traded phone numbers?).  

I was not inclined to do so until by happenstance, I did run into this bartender at the Eden Lounge.  I relayed the message from this guest.  This bartender either did not know this guest, forgot this guest, or purposely didn't want to contact this guest.  She was totally befuddled about this guest.  Either way, I delivered the message.

Being friendly nets them better tips,  They are in the service industry.  They are your friend only for about as long as your cruise lasts.

Not saying that's bad.  Just reality.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, JustAPilot said:

They are also tip motivated and the more you give the friendlier they are, until the next set of passengers come onboard and they forget who you are. 

I don't think that's true, we were on the Bliss a couple years ago and had over a year between cruises, the bartenders and servers in Sugarcane remembered me along with some other venues. My wife was shocked.

I wasn't really tipping at that time, so it's not like they were trolling for money.

Edited by G-DawgMN

1 minute ago, G-DawgMN said:

I don't think that's true, we were on the Bliss a couple years ago and had over a year between cruises, the bartenders and servers in Sugarcane remembered me along with some other venues. My wife was shocked.

I wasn't really tipping at that time, so it's not like they were trolling for money.

On my very first sailing I tipped staff at the end of the week (still do, btw). The bartender I gave the largest tip to had no clue who I was when I came back on the ship four months later. That was ok! Lordie knows he only served a few thousand people between April and September. 

There were two bartenders I did not tip at all. They both remembered me from the previous sailing. Dear readers can write their own story on why two remembered me without a tip, and one, with a tip, didn't remember me at all.

• Haha 1