Boston Hotel that includes parking

33 minutes ago, havoc315 said:

Im looking 3 months out. Should be plenty of time. 

But even if the train fare was only $3 per person… it would still be more expensive and much more time consuming than driving. Because of the need to spend about $300 on round trip Uber to get to/from the train stations. 

looking now — 6 months out, November 1 to Nov 8, cheapest late morning tickets: I’m seeing $316 round trip for 4 people. 

I suppose you NEVER experience traffic delays on I-95, and that you would prefer to spend $300 on Uber vs. $128 to park at Stamford station, and that typical per-mile car costs don’t count,   So just continue driving.  My experience driving to/from Boston, and my preference for a good time vs a hassle cause me to think differently.

Enough.

3 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I suppose you NEVER experience traffic delays on I-95, and that you would prefer to spend $300 on Uber vs. $128 to park at Stamford station, and that typical per-mile car costs don’t count,   So just continue driving.  My experience driving to/from Boston, and my preference for a good time vs a hassle cause me to think differently.

Enough.

I’ve accounted for all that. I’ve done both, driving and train. My experience over 28 years going to/from Boston 2+ times per year, is that driving is much faster, much more relaxing, and much cheaper 95% of the time. 
Can I hit traffic? Sometimes. Am I going to hit 3 hours worth of traffic both ways to even out the travel times? Very very unlikely. 
Do trains have delays? Absolutely sometimes. 
Hassle? Loading my car with 6-10 pieces of luggage just once, and then dropping it off at the port.. or lugging it into an Uber, then lugging it on to train, mugging it off train, lugging it back into another Uber before getting to port..

So less handle, hundreds of dollars less, hours and hours faster… Not close for me. 

2 hours ago, havoc315 said:

I’ve accounted for all that. I’ve done both, driving and train. My experience over 28 years going to/from Boston 2+ times per year, is that driving is much faster, much more relaxing, and much cheaper 95% of the time. 
Can I hit traffic? Sometimes. Am I going to hit 3 hours worth of traffic both ways to even out the travel times? Very very unlikely. 
Do trains have delays? Absolutely sometimes. 
Hassle? Loading my car with 6-10 pieces of luggage just once, and then dropping it off at the port.. or lugging it into an Uber, then lugging it on to train, mugging it off train, lugging it back into another Uber before getting to port..

So less handle, hundreds of dollars less, hours and hours faster… Not close for me. 

It seems you like to drive - perhaps you are always fortunate with regard to traffic. When I travel for leisure, I want it to be easy, hassle free and reasonably economical - including ALL related expenses.

In any case, as I posted earlier: “enough”.  

19 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

It seems you like to drive - perhaps you are always fortunate with regard to traffic. When I travel for leisure, I want it to be easy, hassle free and reasonably economical - including ALL related expenses.

That’s what I want — easy, economical, hassle free. 
There is no universal answer that applies to every situation.  There are many trips where a train or a plane are easier. 

But which is a bigger hassle, waking up at 4:30am drive almost an hour in the wrong direction to get to a train.. or waking up at my normal time, 2 hours later..

Which is a bigger hassle… after the cruise, go back to my car and leave the city any time I want. Or to be tied to a train schedule. 

which is more economical, $175 to park plus $50-100 for gas and tolls, or $500-700 for trains and Ubers. 

I actually dislike driving. But I’ve done the drive to/from Boston well over 50 times, maybe over 100.  There was a period where I was doing it monthly. 
I often hit 10 minutes of traffic around Hartford.  Sometimes another 10-20 minutes getting into Boston. 
On average, takes me about 3:10.  Dit it a few weeks ago in 2:55.  It’s never taken me more than 4 hours.  
So if it takes 4 hours… I probably won’t love the traffic. But still faster, more economical, and less of a hassle than a train. (I actually hit far more traffic going in to Stamford than Boston. Stamford should be a 40 minute drive… last time I took the train from Stamford, it took me 1:20 just to get to the train station… which made me miss my train, but that’s another story).