Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon? Anyone stay there>

wolft927

So, Wife and I have stayed many times downtown Miami pre cruise and this time we are only coming in for one night precruise and honestly we are sick of paying $50 or more for parking by the Port. We wont be arriving until around 3 or 4pm (Driving from NC) so we chose the Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon. We got the 1 bedroom suite with screened in balcony. Can anyone give me some insight on the hotel and maybe even the suite itself? We see there is a restaurant and bar which is great. 

Any info or comments o your stay would be great!

I stayed at The Pullman I Know it's not where you are staying). FYI, there was a Publix store, and liquor store on the next block up ( I think it's Flagger Blvd?).  Good place to grab some snacks for the cruise, or grab soothing to eat on your balcony.  Nice quite area with a good view of airlines as they approach.

1 minute ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I stayed at The Pullman I Know it's not where you are staying). FYI, there was a Publix store, and liquor store on the next block up ( I think it's Flagger Blvd?).  Good place to grab some snacks for the cruise, or grab soothing to eat on your balcony.  Nice quite area with a good view of airlines as they approach.

Thanks! looking for a quite evening after our 10.5 hour drive from NC

We have stayed at this property twice.

We like it.  Rooms are very nice.  Bar and restaurant are fine. Large bar area, there's always been some kind of game on the large screen we've wanted to watch.  We've done dinners in the large bar, and, the breakfast buffet.

We will probably stay here again for our Sept Horizon cruise.

We just (Feb 22nd) stayed one night pre-cruise at the Hampton Inn Suites Blue Lagoon. So happy with this hotel and location. Right across the street from several restaurants and a Publix market etc. We'll be staying again with extended family in May.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looking for a place for 10 adults for a pre cruise stay ages 91 - 40. Something not crazy expensive, but we need a clean place, in a safe area, and something in relatively good condition. We will probably do public transportation so parking won’t be a problem. Recommendations for transportation for a large group welcome as well. We’ll probably walk to dinner on Valentines Day so being within walking distance of a decent restaurant (maybe seafood) would be a bonus. 

Edited by Jaypmill231

17 hours ago, Bob NC said:

After looking around we've decided to go back to the old faithful Hilton Blue Lagoon on Sept 27th, 2024.

lol, That is the night we are staying as well. Boarding the MSC Seascape the 28th. 27th is also my birthday lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So we planned on driving, but flights went down to the point that getting nonstop flights to Miami is actually the same price as driving after including gas, terminal parking, and incidentals for the drive down. 

I am sure they have a shuttle service to the cruise port was curious if anyone has used it and what was the cost.

5 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So we planned on driving, but flights went down to the point that getting nonstop flights to Miami is actually the same price as driving after including gas, terminal parking, and incidentals for the drive down. 

I am sure they have a shuttle service to the cruise port was curious if anyone has used it and what was the cost.

Hampton Inn Suites Blue Lagoon they have a comp shuttle from MIA to their hotel and their shuttle to the POM was $14.00pp. We'll be doing this again mid May.

Thanks, $14 PP seems reasonable, will look and see what an UBER costs as well. We are on the MSC Seascape September 28th 2024. Depending when they start shuttles will determine if we do and Uber instead. 

12 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Thanks, $14 PP seems reasonable, will look and see what an UBER costs as well. We are on the MSC Seascape September 28th 2024. Depending when they start shuttles will determine if we do and Uber instead. 

I believe it was 10/11/12/1 for the shuttle times.

On 3/24/2024 at 6:08 PM, Jaypmill231 said:

Looking for a place for 10 adults for a pre cruise stay ages 91 - 40

It is usually better to start your own topic since you are really asking a different question.

On 3/22/2024 at 7:02 AM, wolft927 said:

Can anyone give me some insight on the hotel and maybe even the suite itself? We see there is a restaurant and bar which is great. Any info or comments o your stay would be great!

The Hilton Blue Lagoon is a very nice hotel and I think a great location. I've stayed there on business several times and even hosted a few meetings there and everyone has liked the hotel. Being at the end of the island makes it seem very private.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2024 at 9:25 AM, cotton4 said:

Hello Wolft927,I'm from Charlotte and will be taking your advice and booking Hilton, now I'm just waiting on airfare to drop

We got our airfare for I believe $325PP for non stop flights. When are you cruiseing?