Special Occasion

OrtonPark

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

Towel animals are something any room steward is free to do at any time. On our last Silhouette cruise our Steward made us several just because he liked doing it and with only 800 passengers he had a much lighter work load than usual. 

When was your last cruise ? 
Right after the restart ? 
on our last cruise in November, no towel animals , but the cabin was very clean 😁

12 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

When was your last cruise ? 
Right after the restart ? 
on our last cruise in November, no towel animals , but the cabin was very clean 😁

On Silhouette 2022.

We booked 8 nights Norway (nearly 2000 pax.) A few days in we learnt that the next sailing (12 nights Baltics) only had 800 pax. We decided to stay on and, after a bit of back and forth with Miami, agreed a  price for an inside with a £400 per person discount and a free upgrade back to the balcony cabin we were already in. The following sailing was fully booked with 600+ kids.

• Thanks 1

My twin and I got a chocolate cake in Luminae and singing for our 50th birthday which was the day we embarked and part of the reason we chose that cruise... a whole week just the two of us together.... and Alaska... and my twin's home city. We hadn't realized our TA had noted it. They said they could deliver the rest of the cake to our stateroom but we asked for 2 pieces for breakfast the next morning and to disperse the rest. The slices were waiting for us... great way to start the day.

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

Towel animals are something any room steward is free to do at any time. On our last Silhouette cruise our Steward made us several just because he liked doing it and with only 800 passengers he had a much lighter work load than usual. 

One issue is that making the animals more of the resources and the ships are trying to go “green”.  

I doubt you would want to use this towel afterwards.

One night we came back to our cabins and didn’t see any towels in the lav.  Problem was that they were used to make the towel figures that were hanging from the ceiling.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

m_-7051658811735971471_com_samsung_android_email_attachmentprovider_6_4514_RAW_1672618932821.jpeg

2 hours ago, miched said:

One issue is that making the animals more of the resources and the ships are trying to go “green”.  

I doubt you would want to use this towel afterwards.

One night we came back to our cabins and didn’t see any towels in the lav.  Problem was that they were used to make the towel figures that were hanging from the ceiling.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

m_-7051658811735971471_com_samsung_android_email_attachmentprovider_6_4514_RAW_1672618932821.jpeg

On Reflection TA in October last year we had no towel animals. However our Cabin Steward chose to make animals on a number of different days for the two little girls in the cabin next to us - there were just 4 kids on the whole ship. As I said CS's are free to make animals it's just no longer a requirement.