Guarantee room assignment?

First time I have booked a guarantee room and we are about 3 weeks from sailing without a room assignment yet.  We did online checkin today and the set sail pass still says GTY. Will the set sail update automatically when room is assigned? Will the luggage tags have the room number if I wait until after it's assigned to print? Luggage tags are blank right now.  I know I could write in the room number if needed,  just wondering if I should wait to print. 

4 minutes ago, renee1222 said:

First time I have booked a guarantee room and we are about 3 weeks from sailing without a room assignment yet.  We did online checkin today and the set sail pass still says GTY. Will the set sail update automatically when room is assigned? Will the luggage tags have the room number if I wait until after it's assigned to print? Luggage tags are blank right now.  I know I could write in the room number if needed,  just wondering if I should wait to print. 

You can be assigned a cabin as late as sailing day.  You can put your set sail pass in your iphone wallet if you have one and check to see if you have a cabin.  It will be the last digits of the number below the barcode.  If you see GTY, no cabin yet.

21 minutes ago, renee1222 said:

Will the set sail update automatically when room is assigned? Will the luggage tags have the room number if I wait until after it's assigned to print?

Yes, the SetSail pass will update once the cabin assignment is official. The edocs will update about a day or two after assignment at which time the luggage tags should also update.

1 hour ago, renee1222 said:

Did you barcode trick?

3 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

Did you barcode trick?

There are no numbers under the barcode yet.  However I just noticed that the set sail says deck 12 with an assigned muster station but still GTY for cabin. Is that a clue or just a filler until the actual cabin is assigned? Like I said,  first ever GTY room,  and 1st RC cruise post pandemic so I haven't stayed up to date on the latest info.

3 hours ago, renee1222 said:

There are no numbers under the barcode yet.  However I just noticed that the set sail says deck 12 with an assigned muster station but still GTY for cabin. Is that a clue or just a filler until the actual cabin is assigned? Like I said,  first ever GTY room,  and 1st RC cruise post pandemic so I haven't stayed up to date on the latest info.

Oh it's a clue. Deck 12 and a muster station. Download any other barcode scanner and give it another try. Sometimes it just doesn't show for awhile, but almost always does. Should be the last set of numbers when you scan. Let me know how it works out.

9 hours ago, renee1222 said:

There are no numbers under the barcode yet.

Then you are probably not decoding it right - the first set of numbers is usually the booking number then a dash and then either the cabin number or GTY if truly still GTY.

Barcode scanner worked! It is deck 12, exactly what we requested, no bonus upgrade. We actually had 2 GTY rooms,  reservations linked, and we got connecting cabins! Was not expecting that. I was just hoping to not be several decks apart,  one forward and one aft!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, renee1222 said:

Barcode scanner worked! It is deck 12, exactly what we requested, no bonus upgrade. We actually had 2 GTY rooms,  reservations linked, and we got connecting cabins! Was not expecting that. I was just hoping to not be several decks apart,  one forward and one aft!

That’s wonderful.  Still, for future knowledge, understand they really don’t take “requests” on gty cabins.  Sometimes it works out well.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

That’s wonderful.  Still, for future knowledge, understand they really don’t take “requests” on gty cabins.  Sometimes it works out well.

I just meant we chose OV balcony GTY and that's exactly what we got.  I've heard sometimes you might get bumped up to a large balcony OV or even a JS (probably unlikely). We did not request connecting cabins but because we're traveling together it works out well.