Pros and cons of Journeys cruises

We have mostly stopped sailing Carnival EXCEPT for Journeys cruises. The biggest difference, and it is huge, is the clientele.

The passengers are older, more polite and considerate, and more experienced cruisers who take things in stride. There are few kids, including college kids. For us this is a big plus. If you prefer a booze cruise it is a detriment.

As for smokers... Yes a greater percent of older folks smoke. But if you don't smoke just stay away from the places you already stay away from because of smoke.

As for reduced perks... Priority boarding, including tenders, is the only thing we noticed though I suspect if guaranteed dining times and reservations matters to you that may also be affected. But we have always gotten Your Time Dining and haven't had any problems.

There usually are more scooters and folks generally walk slower.

The Diamond Captain's event is usually broken into two events such as half scheduled for a lunch one day and the other half the next day.

There are usually some unusual activities offered like dancing classes.

We absolutely love the Journeys cruises.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, icft said:

We have mostly stopped sailing Carnival EXCEPT for Journeys cruises. The biggest difference, and it is huge, is the clientele.

The passengers are older, more polite and considerate, and more experienced cruisers who take things in stride. There are few kids, including college kids. For us this is a big plus. If you prefer a booze cruise it is a detriment.

As for smokers... Yes a greater percent of older folks smoke. But if you don't smoke just stay away from the places you already stay away from because of smoke.

As for reduced perks... Priority boarding, including tenders, is the only thing we noticed though I suspect if guaranteed dining times and reservations matters to you that may also be affected. But we have always gotten Your Time Dining and haven't had any problems.

There usually are more scooters and folks generally walk slower.

The Diamond Captain's event is usually broken into two events such as half scheduled for a lunch one day and the other half the next day.

There are usually some unusual activities offered like dancing classes.

We absolutely love the Journeys cruises.

Agree with most all of what you say.  My comment of the smokers was really how many ignored the rules.  I have never seen (smelled) so many balcony smokers, it was commented on by many.  Journeys outside Florida had less, but still and issue.  HArd to stay away from that.  Did it ruin the cruise? No way.  Just worth commenting on. 

• Like 2

On 3/26/2024 at 7:56 PM, jimbo5544 said:

S0 I lied.  I thought, and was pretty sure, that you could search all your  history, but I cannot go more than 183 pages (know that seems like a lot) of data.  that gets me back to 2022, wanted to link to a 2019 Journey cruise..... sorry.

It's all good. I appreciate you trying.  Have an amazing day!  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MtnSeaGirl said:

It's all good. I appreciate you trying.  Have an amazing day!  

It was a fantastic trip, certainly top 3 for us (and we have cruised a lot).  Laid back, very informative interactice sessions with senior staff, and way more.  Highly recommend it.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 2