Palermo - Hotel Day Passes?

keenercam

Palermo has just been added to my cruise itinerary.  Is anyone here aware of any hotels that have day passes in Palermo? I enjoyed doing that in Mykonos to spend the day at a nice hotel, use the pool and beach there, and have a nice lunch in one of its restaurants.

There is a shore excursion for Palermo Port stop that I would like to book but we need a total of 6 people, and I am traveling alone.  It is with Italy Tours and they are very good – I’ve used them a few times in the past. Here is a description of the tour and some info about the tour.  Please contact italytours.eu if you are interested in joining our tour for Palermo stop on Island Princess for Sept 27, 2024.  It is soooo much better to book a tour this way as opposed to the huge busses the cruise line uses.  We can get in and out of places very easily in a 6 pas SUV and the guides are great. 

Semi-Private excursion (most popular option)

If you wish to share with other participants, we also have a Driver-Guide tour which is subject to a minimum of 6 persons signing up. The price for this best value for money excursion with 6-8 guests is 99 Euros per person only!

Our semi-private tours include:

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour from the port of Palermo (the same pick-up as offered for the ship’s tours)

* Personal drop-off at the end of the tour - 100% on time to catch your ship

* Touring in a smaller vehicle for minimal walking and better access to sites

* Touring with a personal English speaking driver-guide

* Flexible and accommodating service 

* High quality and personal experience in a semi-private/small-group setting (6-8 people only)

* Tour duration: 8 hours and always in accordance to your ship docking times

Here is an overview of the tour - PALERMO & CEFALU - Full Day Semi-Private Shore excursion

Meet your English speaking private driver next to your ship at the Palermo port. Using a new mini-van, we will take you on a panoramic drive around the city to see some of the greatest highlights such as: Cattedrale di PalermoFontana Pretoria, Palazzo dei Normanni & Teatro Politeama (we use mini-vans for an easy access to sites & minimal walking).

After Palermo we will proceed along the north coast panoramic road to the charming fishing town of Cefalù, dominated by a great rock. Visit the stunning cathedral built by King Roger II in 1132, with its exquisite mosaics, the oldest and the best-preserved in Sicily which was built by craftsmen from Constantinople. Close by is the Mandralisca Museum, with the famous portrait of an Unknown Man, painted by Antonello da Messina in 1470, and the medieval laundry.

Free time for exploring and shopping before lunch in a local restaurant, featuring typical Sicilian fare and locally-caught seafood (extra cost).

After free time for shopping and exploring on your own, you will be returned to your ship and in time for departure. This is a fantastic, relaxed shore excursion which will leave you with memories for life!

---

On 3/28/2024 at 12:50 PM, keenercam said:

Palermo has just been added to my cruise itinerary.  Is anyone here aware of any hotels that have day passes in Palermo? I enjoyed doing that in Mykonos to spend the day at a nice hotel, use the pool and beach there, and have a nice lunch in one of its restaurants.

You are lucky to get Palermo. It is a wonderful city with much to see.  Consider a visit to Palermo and Cefalu to spend the day. It does not have good beaches. IMO, it would be a waste to spend the day by the pool. There may be better places for that on your cruise.

• Thanks 1

I don't know about day passes, but here's one that's within a half hour drive of the port:  Addaura Village | Congress Center Palermo

I don't know about day rates, but it's fairly inexpensive to book a room for the night, you just won't stay for the night.  This way you'd have a private bathroom to shower and dress before heading back to the ship.

• Thanks 1