Copenhagen excursion returns after ship supposedly leaves port?

Looking at an excursion that takes us to the Tivoli amusement park in Copenhagen "by night".  The excursion details say they drop you off, give you your entrance ticket, and you enjoy the park on your own, getting on the bus when you are ready to leave, with the last bus back to the ship leaving Tivoli at 11:30pm.  But the schedule for the ship says it leaves Copenhagen at 9:00pm. Is this a mistake or do the ships ever set sail later than they say, allowing just certain ship excursion passengers to arrive later? 

Thank you so much for any insight 

without knowing which ships it can be difficult to come up with a good answer.

Immediately, I would think that the time of departure stated by the cruise line is the correct one - an external excursion company cannot know when your ship sails.
My best advise is that you take a taxi to Tivoli - buy a ticket at the entrance and take a taxi back to the ship. there are two cruise piers in Copenhagen.

Alternative is public bus/metro.

I saw this scenario with a Princess excursion earlier this year. I sent an email to my cruise vacation planner and it was corrected a few days later.  The excursion was dropped, as the departure time was correct.  I’d get an answer from the cruise line before you book the excursion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Immediately I thought it was an independent provider of excursions. If it is an excursion arranged by the cruise line, there is an error either in the time of departure or the excursion - what is the ship and date?

3 hours ago, hallasm said:

Immediately I thought it was an independent provider of excursions. If it is an excursion arranged by the cruise line, there is an error either in the time of departure or the excursion - what is the ship and date?

No, it's offered through NCL. It's the Norwegian Dawn, this September 

No NCL ships are listed for departure 9 pm in September at Copenhagen Port web.

NCL Dawn has two calls in Copenhagen in September - one at Oceankaj with ETD 4:00pm and the other at Langelinie with ETD 7:00 pm.

Probably an error in the excursion - contact NCL.

17 hours ago, hallasm said:

No NCL ships are listed for departure 9 pm in September at Copenhagen Port web.

NCL Dawn has two calls in Copenhagen in September - one at Oceankaj with ETD 4:00pm and the other at Langelinie with ETD 7:00 pm.

Probably an error in the excursion - contact NCL.

Sounds like lots of errors because the itinerary says we leave at 9:00 🤦🏼‍♀️