Edge Villas, PH and IC

I just got off the phone with the Retreat team due to being concerned about not having a butler after all these changes and after spending $18k on an Edge Villa. I have been reassured that each of these rooms (EV, PH and IC) have a DEDICATED butler (they only have 1 room per butler). 
When  we were  on the Apex in Sept 2022, we had a butler named Liam that was very attentive to our needs. We only requested breakfast every morning and one load of laundry. The breakfast came hot and exactly how we ordered and not only was our laundry done, but hung up in one of our closets when we got back. He also decorated our room for our anniversary (we did not request that, it just showed up one day) and DEMANDED (in a nice customer service way) to  walk us to our dinner every evening. 
While this sailing, we will not be as "high maintenance" I am glad to hear that we should hopefully be receiving the same level of service as we did.
Wanted to  post this to advise those in the "upper" suites of what I learned today in case there were any concerns.

Posted (edited)

I’d be interested to hear other people’s experience.  Ours experience while sailing in Penthouses is that, while they are dedicated to your suite, they are also dedicated to other suites as well. It’s not a 1:1 ratio.

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 1

Just now, dcbiker97 said:

I’d be interested to hear other people’s experience.  Ours is that,  while they are dedicated to your suite, they are also dedicated to other suites as well. It’s not a 1:1 ratio. That’s been our experience when sailing in a PH. 

I am too. I have a feeling that Liam had more suites but if he did he never showed it. We will see when we sail on July 13 😁

Posted (edited)

The only time it’s ever showed to us is when we’ve been in a Signature suite on Reflection and the inhabitants of the Reflection suite have been extremely high maintenance.  Our butler would call for reinforcements and we’d see the other one every now and then. 

Edited by dcbiker97

43 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

I just got off the phone with the Retreat team due to being concerned about not having a butler after all these changes and after spending $18k on an Edge Villa. I have been reassured that each of these rooms (EV, PH and IC) have a DEDICATED butler (they only have 1 room per butler). 
When  we were  on the Apex in Sept 2022, we had a butler named Liam that was very attentive to our needs. We only requested breakfast every morning and one load of laundry. The breakfast came hot and exactly how we ordered and not only was our laundry done, but hung up in one of our closets when we got back. He also decorated our room for our anniversary (we did not request that, it just showed up one day) and DEMANDED (in a nice customer service way) to  walk us to our dinner every evening. 
While this sailing, we will not be as "high maintenance" I am glad to hear that we should hopefully be receiving the same level of service as we did.
Wanted to  post this to advise those in the "upper" suites of what I learned today in case there were any concerns.

It’s not 1:1, but still very attentive 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

I’d be interested to hear other people’s experience.  Ours experience while sailing in Penthouses is that, while they are dedicated to your suite, they are also dedicated to other suites as well. It’s not a 1:1 ratio.

We only sail ICs now, with an occasional EV if it's a short 7-night itin -

I have never known butlers to be 1:1. However, for the ICs, it sure feels like it, though the EVs have been very good, too.

Every time in both type of staterooms, our butler and room steward have been excellent team members.

Balcony hot tubs are always washed, filled, and emptied twice a day. In the ICs, the massive master bathroom tub is prepared each night with the tub light show and jets running when we return to the room after dinner and drinks. A few nights on each cruise they've even set up the electric candles all over the place.

However, nothing beats the balcony hot tub at night while under way!!!

Edited by buncosquad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, buncosquad said:

We only sail ICs now, with an occasional EV if it's a short 7-night itin -

I have never known butlers to be 1:1. However, for the ICs, it sure feels like it, though the EVs have been very good, too.

Every time in both type of staterooms, our butler and room steward have been excellent team members.

Balcony hot tubs are always washed, filled, and emptied twice a day. In the ICs, the massive master bathroom tub is prepared each night with the tub light show and jets running when we return to the room after dinner and drinks. A few nights on each cruise they've even set up the electric candles all over the place.

However, nothing beats the balcony hot tub at night while under way!!!

I dont know how I "forgot" about the plunge pool!!! It was emptied, cleaned and refilled every night. That was one of the best things about the cruise!

4 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

We just got off the apex in a penthouse with our butler Ronald. While the service was excellent he had 1 other Penthouse Suite, 2 Celebrity Suites, 2 Royal Suites and one Iconic suite to take care of as well. 

• Like 1

Totally agree with other posters, loved penthouse and butler services were fantastic but they were not totally assigned to us . Had a great butler last week in our royal suite. 

• Like 1

In the PH last month on Silhouette and our dedicated butler had a total of 13 suites to take care of. There is not 1 butler per high end suite, they are assigned quite a few. With butlers returning to Sky Suites, they’ll probably have even more.