NCL Shore Excursions for Whitter B2B

Posted (edited)

So, this is new stop for NCL? I know Whittier is already pretty well established for the likes of Princess Cruises and Holland-America.

Looking at what opportunities you may think would be available (even with independent tour operators) for those doing an NCL B2B where the turn-around day is in Whittier. Right now there is nothing at all is showing up on the general NCL Shore Excursions page for any itinerary that starts or ends there (i.e. Asia, Hawaii, Panama Canal, Alaska). 

For turnaround guests (5am-8pm) it looks rather limited. PCL and HAL sites show these and they look really promising. Hoping NCL will offer these as well. Shame they couldn’t go into Anchorage for the day. 

IMG_0040.jpeg

IMG_0043.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Posted (edited)

We’ve done the 26 Glaciers tour. Very nice, but I would book directly and not through the ship as the price is about double. 

BTW there is nothing in Whittier, and it is too far and difficult to go anywhere else. 

Edited by zqvol
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, zqvol said:

We’ve done the 26 Glaciers tour. Very nice, but I would book directly and not through the ship as the price is about double. 

BTW there is nothing in Whittier, and it is too far and difficult to go anywhere else. 

I’ll definitely have to take a look! Is there a link you can provide? 

Seems like NCL previously changed itineraries from Whittier to Seward - rumor was that people complained about the lack of excursions. So I'm surprised to see it back on any itinerary.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Following- I have booked a B2b with a day of turnover in Whittier for next summer and am definitely interested in how best to explore!  I did see this excursion (not with NCL but on a google search) but it looked long and I think ending at 4:45, seemed a bit tight to get back to ship?  I hope that ncl adds some options.

Also not to hijack, but as this is my first B2B, how do logistics work for check out and check in and with your luggage??

Edited by Happycrafter123