The World - Residences at Sea still operating?

NJsharon

I haven't seen any posts on this for a while.
Is it still operating?  It looks like it from the website, but nothing on here.
Are most people trying to sell to get out of it, if so why are you selling?

What is the rough cost for a studio or 2 bedroom for a year? The studio looks like a typical balcony, which is fine for 2 weeks, but any longer I think it would feel too small.  2 bedroom has a big sitting area too & a mini kitchen?  That looks better.
People on the threads here are talking about having to get off the ship for a long time, is that still the case?
We are not ready to retire yet, just poking around. But we have toyed with the idea of residing on a cruise ship, being able to travel around the world, and live like a cruise ship with cleaning, meals etc.
Do they still do entertainment like shows or people playing music around the ship?
Do they do any other activities like bingo, game shows, craft activities, quiz nights?  Or simply living with food, drinks, pool, and stopping at ports?

Our other thought is to do a 55+ plus community where they have a clubhouse, pool & activities.  But weighing the alternatives.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, The World is still sailing.   Not sure of an apartment sale price these days but when we sailed her they were under $2 million for 1300 sf and the annual cost for fuel, food, maintenance, staff was at least 6 figures.  I believe one is required to have a land-side residence so no one lives aboard year round.  There are a lot of sea days if you’re onboard for an extended time but multiple overnights in major ports.  I have access to a 2 BR apt anytime but have only sailed a few times because it’s hard to find easy ports to travel to for boarding and also hard to find 2 week or longer trips that don’t involve many boring sea days which I deplore. They still have to abide by cabotage laws.  

• 2 weeks later...