Regent Hotel used in Rome?

Anyone with experience, do you know what Hotel(s) are used by Regent for Pre-Cruise in Rome?

We have been several times and had always used the same hotel, which is now closed.....

We will spend one night in Rome and either book a transfer, or take the train to Civitavecchia in the morning.

Thanks.

We were told by our TA it would be the Westin Excelsior, Rome. I’m assuming he knows what he’s talking about but it hasn’t been confirmed by Regent yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Rome to Miami cruise in Nov 2023, in  a Penthouse B suite.  Regent put us in the Marriott, Sini Bernini Bristol but the Westin Excelsior Hotel was also used by Regent.  I don't know what criteria was used for the different assignments, suite category. points status, arrival dates ???  The Sina Bernini was a lovely hotel.  More of a boutique style than the Westin,  Service was wonderful, especially the Doorman, He gave us great sightseeing and dining suggestions. The location was also good.  We walked easily to the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish steps as well as several lunch and dinner restaurants.  There was a very nice included buffet/order breakfast.  We were there for 3 nights.  We upgraded our Regent room for the 3 nights and management let  us stay in the upgraded room without charging for the Regent included room on the third night.  If this hotel is also available for you, it is worth considering.

• Like 1

We were placed in the W hotel for our pre-sailing night.  Quite nice.

Friends of ours (on same voyage) took the Rome pre package and were placed in the Rome Grand Hotel Palace right down the block.  Also a nice hotel.

Both, of course, included all airport and ship transfers.

• Like 1

We're also expecting the Westin in September, although that's a long way off yet! Interesting to see the choices all seem to be within the Bonvoy group. 

Does anyone know if you can use Bonvoy loyalty status on RSSC booking at any of these hotels? Tks

Hi all. 

The wife and I are on the May 1 Grandeur sailing out of Rome and our pre-cruise hotel in the Westin Excelsior as well. As for using Bonvoy, I was advised you can give them your membership info at check in but no points or stay credit given since it is a group booking. I plan on giving the info, but not expecting to get the credit. Perhaps things may have changed, so go for it when you arrive. 

Safe travels to all! 🚢

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, parrothd80 said:

As for using Bonvoy, I was advised you can give them your membership info at check in but no points or stay credit given since it is a group booking. I plan on giving the info, but not expecting to get the credit. Perhaps things may have changed, so go for it when you arrive. 

Safe travels to all! 🚢

Good point.  I wonder if you at least get a room upgrade/etc if you have status....?  I'm guessing many of us have at least Gold status from our AMEX cards. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 1:45 PM, NanciEA said:

We are cruising out of Rome later this month and have been assigned the Westin Excelsior.

Haven't stayed at the one in Rome but if it's anything like the Westin Excelsior in Florence it should be very nice.  It was almost as nice as the St. Regis a block away (at least I'll pretend that so I don't have to foot the St Regis bill!).