Storage Areas on Symphony

Posted (edited)

We’ve been on the Oasis and on the Allure and found that the little shelves and nooks surrounding the desk/vanity/mirror to be quite useful. My husband and I would put things like cans of sunscreen, snacks, cups, sunglasses, etc on them. Out of the way but easily accessible. 
Here I am ready to embark on Saturday and I’ve probably looked at videos of cabins a dozen times or more. But I JUST noticed that there are none of those handy little places in the cabin on the Symphony - except in the bathroom. 
Does anyone have any suggestions where to stash those kinds of items on the Symphony? 
I’m losing sleep over this! lol! 
Am I going to need to go out and buy an over the door shoe thingie tomorrow? Have taken lots of trips to Disney and 3 cruises and avoided using one of these things. Maybe until now? 

Edited by CookieDiva

We bring heavy duty magnetic hooks for many items.  Not sure which cabin you have- but we always manage- we do not bring snacks.  Some people do bring an over the door thingie-

We also leave items we might not use, or extra clothes in the suite case under the bed until we need them.  I hate a cluttered cabin and do not leave items hanging or thrown around.

Posted (edited)

Ok. I made my post in the middle of the night in a blur of exhaustion, excitement, confusion and anxiety (which is my constant companion.) 

I completely forgot about the area above the refrig and the drawers. 
Now in the light of day my anxiety is lessening (but still exhausted - I think that I might’ve slept 90 minutes) and I’m no longer worried about where we’re going to put the cups and sunglasses. 
2 more days! 

Edited by CookieDiva
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CookieDiva said:

We’ve been on the Oasis and on the Allure and found that the little shelves and nooks surrounding the desk/vanity/mirror to be quite useful. My husband and I would put things like cans of sunscreen, snacks, cups, sunglasses, etc on them. Out of the way but easily accessible. 
Here I am ready to embark on Saturday and I’ve probably looked at videos of cabins a dozen times or more. But I JUST noticed that there are none of those handy little places in the cabin on the Symphony - except in the bathroom. 
Does anyone have any suggestions where to stash those kinds of items on the Symphony? 
I’m losing sleep over this! lol! 
Am I going to need to go out and buy an over the door shoe thingie tomorrow? Have taken lots of trips to Disney and 3 cruises and avoided using one of these things. Maybe until now? 

We are in a CP Balcony on Allure right now and there is plenty of storage in the cabin. In the last two months we stayed in a CP Balcony on Symphony and Icon. Both cabins didn’t have close to the amount of storage we have on Allure right now. In general it appears cabins on newer ships are more modern looking at the expense of storage areas. Older ships like Freedom and Voyager class ships have plenty of storage areas in the cabin. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We are in a CP Balcony on Allure right now and there is plenty of storage in the cabin. In the last two months we stayed in a CP Balcony on Symphony and Icon. Both cabins didn’t have close to the amount of storage we have on Allure right now. In general it appears cabins on newer ships are more modern looking at the expense of storage areas. Older ships like Freedom and Voyager class ships have plenty of storage areas in the cabin. 

Well that just kind of sucks. When you are in a room the size of a shoe box (not complaining, just stating a fact) you would think the idea would be to have as much storage as possible so that the cabin could be somewhat clutter free. But they didn’t ask me, so evidently modern minimalism has won out over practicality. 

Edited by CookieDiva