first time Celebrity

hopelea

21 hours ago, zitsky said:

Celebrity is great.  It's a nice balance between party time on Carnival / Royal Caribbean and the sleepy atmosphere on Viking.  If you want to celebrate a retirement, consider something like a Sky Suite or Aqua class cabin which each come with their own restaurant.  Aqua is usually a lot less expensive than a suite, even the small Sky Suite.  Why leave your money to your grandchildren?

excellent description!

but our grandchildren are quite deserving!

• 3 weeks later...

I predict that Carnival has lost a couple of cruisers. I went on Carnival once just to see why it was much more affordable. I didn't take long to find out why. But of course, that being said, if I were 25 years old I would love it. As far as dress code on Celebrity, I can't remember the last time I even took a sport coat. Never been tuned away from any venue with slacks and a collared shirt. 

On 4/4/2024 at 10:27 PM, hopelea said:

Aqua sounds like something my husband would love.  We usually book a spa balcony on Carnival.  Not leaving money to grandkids 🙂  Their parents make more than we do.....so we are going to enjoy ours!!!  ❤️

Big draw back for us is that Aqua comes with dining in Blu. Some like it but for us one of the joys in cruising is sharing tables at dinner which means Select Dining sharing tables of 6.

For our retirement we did 5x B2B trans-pacific on Solstice - 60 days on the ship 90 days total - fantastic.