What about older people.....

DaMom

Just go off The Valiant Lady today. While I wasn't the oldest, I was up there, and I'm 75. There were walkers and scooters for older passengers and for the not so older passengers. I'm going to guess that the average age was between 45-55. I got to feeling old when we were at Bimini and music I've never even heard of is playing and everyone around me is singing along.

Because they canceled our March cruise, VV gave us a $600 OBC and a $600 bar tab. Pretty sure that VV would have to offer the same incentives again to get me to sail with them again.

There's a lot to really like about VV...the overall size and look of the ship, the hammocks, the crew. I found the entertainment to be good.  Oscar Ornelas was outstanding. The Diva and The Hostess were also good. The shows I didn't like had nothing to do with the quality of the entertainers, I just wasn't a fan of the shows themselves.

There are some shortcomings, however. Who wants to wait in line for 30-45 minutes to see a show. Sea Terrace rooms are adequate, the bathrooms are not. I was expecting the food quality to be much better than it was. The size of the pool is a joke. I was told by a crew member that Valiant Lady's itinerary is going to be the same for the next two years as will Resilient Lady's when she starts sailing out of San Juan. Personally, I like a cruise company that has choice on where to sail.

Glad we tried it.

52 minutes ago, Travel-and-See said:

Woah! My MDR meals on Celebrity were way better than that! No wonder you think Virgin is so much better.  

When was the last time you went?  When I went last January, I was told that there were cost-cutting changes that had just started.  I also saw some videos that showed these changes and the differences in the food, especially the buffet.  

12 minutes ago, aviators99 said:

When was the last time you went?  When I went last January, I was told that there were cost-cutting changes that had just started.  I also saw some videos that showed these changes and the differences in the food, especially the buffet.  

June - on the Millennium.  I definitely saw cuts to the buffet compared to previous Celebrity cruises but the MDR was very good. 

• Like 1