Mexican Riviera vs Eastern Caribbean

Hi I got free cruises for Princess and narrowed down my choices into the following two options (both around Chrismas time)

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details/?voyageCode=X452

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details/?voyageCode=Y435

We live on the west coast so Mexican Riviera would be much closer. Want to hear opinions from experts here about the pros and cons. (also my wife is trying to get pregnant so this may also be another factor we have to consider)

Not sure why anyone would fly all the way across country for that particular Caribbean cruise. If you want a 7 day cruise,  at least the Mexican one wouldn't involve long flights to get there and back. I don't think that either cruise would affect your wife's ability to conceive.

1 minute ago, mom says said:

Not sure why anyone would fly all the way across country for that particular Caribbean cruise. If you want a 7 day cruise,  at least the Mexican one wouldn't involve long flights to get there and back. I don't think that either cruise would affect your wife's ability to conceive.

We live in Seattle so the flight difference is 3 hr vs 6 hr. It does affect our decision a lot but I also heard Caribbean is much nicer compared to the Mexico trip? If the cruises are very similar it's no brainer for us..

6 hours ago, FirstTimeCruiser990 said:

We live on the west coast so Mexican Riviera would be much closer. Want to hear opinions from experts here about the pros and cons. (also my wife is trying to get pregnant so this may also be another factor we have to consider)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! 

I would suggest the Mexican Riviera just for the logistics. Also, avoid putting down any non-refundable moneys as -- should your wife (with your help, I presume) be quickly successful in her quest, she won't be sailing "around Christmas". If it takes you awhile, she can cruise (with doctor's OK) in her first, MAYBE second, trimester.

your on board the ship experience is going to be the same.   Since both cruises have 3 sea days that will be similar.   

You have really 3 different things to consider:   

1 - travel time to the ship and home - as a fellow west coaster (Vancouver) it is a significant factor for me, if I can extend time out of Florida I don't object but it is a long way just to go on a cruise.   The other part of that is cost - for me I can get cheap flights to LA but not so much to Florida.

2. weather - the two coasts have different weather - less of a factor in December but still a consideration

3. the ports - this is the big difference - Mexico ports and many Carribbean ports are a very different experience so it depends what you are looking to do.    I have done the Mexican Riviera cruise 3 times now and so for me it is about relaxation time, but I still do a tour to the arch and spend time at lovers beach in Cabo, and do some shopping and exploring in PV, Mazatlan for some reason I have always done either hiking or food type things.     On the Carribbean Princess Cay (private island) is relaxation / beach time.   San Juan is a neat place and I would explore the forts (although I have been 2x so I might look for something new), St. Thomas has a lot of water (sailing, snorkelling) and some amazing beaches.

Either will be great.

They are quite different experiences - Caribbean I think of as beach vacation with the warm waters and sunshine but having been there a number of times so is not our choice any more. The Mexican itinerary works great for us (6 hour drive to the port) and is pleasant in December and January though be prepared for cooler temperatures when in LA with winds on deck.  For me the cost and flights to the east coast would make LA sailing the choice.