Reserve Collection Cabana Mini Suite on deck 9 Sun Princess

11 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

If you have stayed in one of these cabins on deck nine would you please let me know what you thought about the traffic in the hallway in front of your cabin. Was it enough to bother you? Thank you so much. 😊 

While I have not stayed in one of these yet, I have scoured the internet for information and videos from both the Sun Princess and from P&O ships that have the same setup.  Here is what I surmise from all of that:

There are two types of Reserve Cabanas on Deck 9, all of which have access to the special Cabana Deck sitting area.  The first are the cabins that reside adjacent to the sitting area.  Looking at the Deck Plan, Port Side, those would be 9238-9320.  "Traffic" is not really an issue as the sitting area is not a thoroughfare with people strolling around like one would on a Promenade.  It is a sitting area.  People find a place to lounge, sit down, and stay there.  Could people who you don't know park down in front of your cabin? Sure. Especially the people who are in the second type of cabin discussed below, because they cannot park themselves in front of their own cabins.  While traffic isn't the biggest concern, what bothers people the most is the complete inability to see the ocean from your cabin or balcony.  The set-back distance between the end of the cabin and the high glass barrier really cuts you off from the water.  Personally, that is a deal breaker for me. 

The second type of Reserve Cabana Cabins are those that are not set back.  Those would be 9106-9236 and 9324-9358.  These cabins do not have the sitting area adjacent to them, but the occupants of these cabins have full privileges to use the sitting area.  These cabins also have a more typical view of the ocean as they are not set back the way the mid-ship cabins are.

Reports are that the usage of the sitting area has been sparse, but that is likely attributed to the current sailing location and average daily temperatures.  As we get later into the Spring and Summer, expect usage to increase.  And after the ship completes its TA and sails in the Caribbean, expect an entirely different experience altogether.  

9 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

While I have not stayed in one of these yet, I have scoured the internet for information and videos from both the Sun Princess and from P&O ships that have the same setup.  Here is what I surmise from all of that:

There are two types of Reserve Cabanas on Deck 9, all of which have access to the special Cabana Deck sitting area.  The first are the cabins that reside adjacent to the sitting area.  Looking at the Deck Plan, Port Side, those would be 9238-9320.  "Traffic" is not really an issue as the sitting area is not a thoroughfare with people strolling around like one would on a Promenade.  It is a sitting area.  People find a place to lounge, sit down, and stay there.  Could people who you don't know park down in front of your cabin? Sure. Especially the people who are in the second type of cabin discussed below, because they cannot park themselves in front of their own cabins.  While traffic isn't the biggest concern, what bothers people the most is the complete inability to see the ocean from your cabin or balcony.  The set-back distance between the end of the cabin and the high glass barrier really cuts you off from the water.  Personally, that is a deal breaker for me. 

The second type of Reserve Cabana Cabins are those that are not set back.  Those would be 9106-9236 and 9324-9358.  These cabins do not have the sitting area adjacent to them, but the occupants of these cabins have full privileges to use the sitting area.  These cabins also have a more typical view of the ocean as they are not set back the way the mid-ship cabins are.

Reports are that the usage of the sitting area has been sparse, but that is likely attributed to the current sailing location and average daily temperatures.  As we get later into the Spring and Summer, expect usage to increase.  And after the ship completes its TA and sails in the Caribbean, expect an entirely different experience altogether.  

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know all of this. What I’m actually interested in is the hallway traffic in front of the cabin. Thank you again.