How’s the buffet coffee on the the joy?

Has anyone checked in at the port in NYC? What about luggage tags also ? They wouldn’t let me check in because of 72 hours prior. Any help would be appreciated! 

1 hour ago, sullyd said:

Has anyone checked in at the port in NYC? What about luggage tags also ? They wouldn’t let me check in because of 72 hours prior. Any help would be appreciated! 

Brewed (free) coffee is fine. That's all we drink. 

wrt to check-in, see your other thread for answers

• 3 weeks later...

A very very very small number of people on the ship spend/wastes money at Starbucks. 

A ship like the Joy, over 15,000 cups of regular coffee is served every morning. 

As a daughter of a father who raised me on great coffee, it's....fine. It's drinkable, although a bit weak.

We get FAS+, so Starbucks is included, but what I'll typically do is start with a cappucino to start the day as an early riser, and then when we get breakfast a few hours later, I'll have some buffet coffee. I won't go out of my way to get Starbucks if the buffet coffee is right there.

Joy, way back in March 2023, is where I tried buffet coffee for the first and only time. I'm a firm believer in super strong coffee - the kind that is as black as black can be and has about three times as many grounds as recommended. Joy's coffee was weak, pungent, and not quite amber in color. It's a hard pass for me - granted that's a one off. I also don't get Starbucks coffee - burnt, overpriced, and I'm not a fan of their labor practices.