Why Grenada?

sjde

We're looking at cruise itineraries in the Caribbean . I always like to include a new port or two. We've been to a lot but there are still quite a few ports we haven't been to before: Grenada, Bonaire, Curacao, Grand Turk, Puerto Rico ,BVI , Dominica, St Croix, Dominican Republic and Grand Cayman.
Looking mostly for natural beauty, interesting architecture and photography, though shopping and food is good too! Not interested in adventure sports. A nice beach maybe for an excursion.

So tell me why we should choose Grenada? TIA! 

From our recent cruise, Grenada was one of my favourite islands.  The  people were very friendly and it is a beautiful island.  If you look further down the board, we did a JnJ tour and Standley was a great guide.  We visited a spice place, the volcanic lake, saw Mona monkeys and also visited a run factory but you can tailor your tour to your needs 

We’ve cruised to most Carib nations over 20+ years and stayed on several, the Caribbean is our favorite destination…We’ve wintered in our retirement home in Mexico the past 8 years, and we are looking forward to returning to the eastern and southern areas iof the Carib…The BVI is our favorite area…gorgeous beaches, wonderful people on Tortola…

Grenada has always eluded us and we happened to choose an upcoming cruise that stops there. I have to say we’ve toured many of the islands and we’re not really interested in seeing the typical sights, but we do always look forward to seeing the beauty of the island and learning her history. So we (two couples) booked a private island tour, and will spend some time on a less-developed beach after.

For your interests, a similar excursion sounds about right!

Have you been to the Western Caribbean? Mexico, Belize, Jamaica, Roatan and other areas offer beautiful rain forests, amazing Mayan and other ruins, and of course gorgeous beaches!

I've been to Grenada twice did absolutely nothing for me both times. Going back next year don't want to stay on the ship but have no interest in doing another island tour. 

Very few beaches. 

Someone figures out a nice day at this destination I'm all ears. Thanks