Live in Seashore 4/14/24 7 day cruise

bruce85

Hello,

How does the Aurea skip the line work?  We have that for our upcoming cruise.  Also would like to know if the muster has changed like it has on other ships.

Thanks

The muster involves watching video and calling number from cabin. Then you need to go to your station. We are deck 14 so we had to walk down to deck 7, along with a lot of other people. They scan your card, then you are done. It was a bit of a mess, but we where expecting such, so we where fine with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jcollin said:

Hello,

How does the Aurea skip the line work?  We have that for our upcoming cruise.  Also would like to know if the muster has changed like it has on other ships.

Thanks

Once you enter building after security they have lines for regular, then another for aurea and diamond. Enter this line and check in. There was no one in the line when we got there, the other line was very long.

2 hours ago, bruce85 said:

The muster involves watching video and calling number from cabin. Then you need to go to your station. We are deck 14 so we had to walk down to deck 7, along with a lot of other people. They scan your card, then you are done. It was a bit of a mess, but we where expecting such, so we where fine with it. 

Thanks, I heard that only 1 person needs to go and can bring both cards.  Did you see or hear of anyone doing that?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jcollin said:

Sunday night, night 1 MDR menu. Not sure why I can't upload a photo. But it had prime rib, calamari steak and some other stuff. I got the stuffed meatball appetizer, it was good, then shrimp cocktail. I got 10 large shrimp, it was way to much for me. Couldn't believe I got 10, seems like the normal is 4. Then prime rib. 

Edited by bruce85
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jcollin said:

Thanks, I heard that only 1 person needs to go and can bring both cards.  Did you see or hear of anyone doing that?

I had heard the same thing, but didn't try it myself, in case it wasn't true. 

For the drink package folks. First two days the daily drink special is priced at $13. The easy plus covers drinks up to $10. Found it out that the daily special is not covered.

Thank you for sharing pictures.

It is clear they copy menus once and again (obviously, unless you repeat same ship same cruise, you will not repeat a menu)

It is second time I read "white beans with chorizo" as a "Caribbean night", (despite it is a dish coming from the most wet area in Spain, nothing related with Caribbean)

Another note for drink package folks. So we ate the Japanese place last night. The bar here is a premium cocktail bar. So the easy plus will only cover you up to the $10, you then pay the extra. We had wine so we paid an extra $4.00 a glass here. I'm sure the same will apply in butchers cut 

Another side note. We boarded Sunday is it now Tuesday morning and we have yet to meet or see our room steward. Room has been cleaned each day, actually twice yesterday, but still haven't meet him or her yet.

One final thought for the morning. I had read a lot of reviews about the Seashore, and saw at lot about how unfriendly the staff was. We have seen none of this. They all say hello to you as you pass by. All the bar staff have been great, they seem to remember you. Haven't meet a rude staff member yet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bruce85 said:

One final thought for the morning. I had read a lot of reviews about the Seashore, and saw at lot about how unfriendly the staff was. We have seen none of this. They all say hello to you as you pass by. All the bar staff have been great, they seem to remember you. Haven't meet a rude staff member yet. 

Glad to hear! We’ll be boarding Saturday for our second Seashore cruise.

4 hours ago, aero777 said:

Glad to hear! We’ll be boarding Saturday for our second Seashore cruise.

Are you sure you're boarding Saturday?  My mom and I are boarding the Seashore on Sunday the 21st.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fishwife2016 said:

Are you sure you're boarding Saturday?  My mom and I are boarding the Seashore on Sunday the 21st.

Oops, you’re right Sunday! Flying out Saturday. Hope you and Mom have a great time!

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 10:14 AM, bruce85 said:

Couldn't agree more. Just did 14 days on Seashore and everyone was super friendly.

• Like 1