Linking Reservations

riggins

Hey All! First time on Princess and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to link our two reservations. I booked online - one cabin for me and DH and one cabin for our college aged kids. I need to be able to pay the balance on both, book excursions, etc. for both cabins. I used the chat feature to ask and was told that linking wasn’t possible and I had to login as my daughter to manage that reservation. Since that seemed nuts, I called and the agent said no problem, put me on hold, came back and said it was done, but I don’t see the kids room on my Cruise Personalizer. Am I doing something wrong? 

8 minutes ago, riggins said:

Hey All! First time on Princess and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to link our two reservations. I booked online - one cabin for me and DH and one cabin for our college aged kids. I need to be able to pay the balance on both, book excursions, etc. for both cabins. I used the chat feature to ask and was told that linking wasn’t possible and I had to login as my daughter to manage that reservation. Since that seemed nuts, I called and the agent said no problem, put me on hold, came back and said it was done, but I don’t see the kids room on my Cruise Personalizer. Am I doing something wrong? 

Unfortunately, this is sort of correct. You can link them on the App by using the booking numbers. Each cabin will have a separate booking number. You'll need this to make dining reservations, etc. However, to make payments, etc., you do have to have a logon for at least one person in each cabin to use to get at the cruise personalizer. The only way around this is to have a travel agent or a CVP (Princess cruise vacation planner) do it for you. I just was on a ship in February with 3 cabins that I was paying for, so did have to logon to each one. It's kind of a pain, but once you know that's how it is, it's not too hard.

You're right though...it would seem like there should be an option where one person can manage multiple cabins.

Posted (edited)

I think the issue is that to link bookings party one might wish to link with party two.  It does not always follow that party two wants to link with party one. In order to ensure both parties wish to be linked it has to be done mutually.  I believe this can be done on the app. I should imagine that the kids are being dealt with as a separate entity who wants to decide their own things.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Unfortunately, this is sort of correct. You can link them on the App by using the booking numbers. Each cabin will have a separate booking number. You'll need this to make dining reservations, etc. However, to make payments, etc., you do have to have a logon for at least one person in each cabin to use to get at the cruise personalizer. The only way around this is to have a travel agent or a CVP (Princess cruise vacation planner) do it for you. I just was on a ship in February with 3 cabins that I was paying for, so did have to logon to each one. It's kind of a pain, but once you know that's how it is, it's not too hard.

You're right though...it would seem like there should be an option where one person can manage multiple cabins.

Thanks! At least I'm not crazy! 😉 We've sailed half a dozen other cruise lines and never encountered this, so I wasn't sure if I was just getting bad service reps or if it was a Princess thing.

Paying the balance separately isn't a big thing, but what about booking dining and excursions? How does that work? Obviously for dining we want to sit together. And for excursions, if I book me and DH and then log in as my kids and try to book the 3 of them, do I risk a chance that now the excursion is full and there isn't room for the 5 of us? 

13 minutes ago, riggins said:

Thanks! At least I'm not crazy! 😉 We've sailed half a dozen other cruise lines and never encountered this, so I wasn't sure if I was just getting bad service reps or if it was a Princess thing.

Paying the balance separately isn't a big thing, but what about booking dining and excursions? How does that work? Obviously for dining we want to sit together. And for excursions, if I book me and DH and then log in as my kids and try to book the 3 of them, do I risk a chance that now the excursion is full and there isn't room for the 5 of us? 

Use the app for dining reservations. You can link the other cabin's people by adding them using their booking number. (You can actually set up dining reservations with anyone on the ship as long as you have their booking number.) Then you should be able to pull them in to a table for 5 or whatever. For excursions, you will need to use the cruise personalizer and do them separately. I suppose there is a small risk it would get full, but as long as you do them close to the same time, it should be ok. Usually when you go meet up for your excursion, as long as you are together as a party, you will end up on the same bus. The excursion tickets will show up in each cabin separately, so be sure the other cabin is paying attention to them..... 😉

37 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Yes.  Linking bookings obviously should require all parties to agree.

FWIW,  there are two easy ways to link bookings.

#1 on my mobile phone have a call to Princess with both of us on the call.  Princess can then link them.  We have also called and said we wanted to link with another booking number and the other party did the same.  Worked fine.

#2 even easier.  Go to guest relations once on board and have them do it.  This does not work for linking dinner reservations.

I hate the Princess app and it hates me.

#3 - Use a CVP and have them do the booking if you are booking multiple cabins. They can then set up the link for you. Since I was paying for all 3 cabins (DD and family in 1, DS and family in other), she automatically linked them for me.