Ascent review Cabin 10255

Had a good cruise with 4 other friends. We liked our cabin as bed was by the balcony.  Fine cut steak was excellent.  My filet cut like butter. I know there have been good and bad reviews on this restaurant but we all enjoyed it.  Buffet was good, enough choices, just wish the food was warmer. Desserts all around the ship were terrible. In Blu, service was good, food just ok. Cold rubbery pancakes for breakfast!  Dinner choices were not always to our liking.  Service was good everywhere on the ship.  Shows and entertainment were just ok. The last night was Residency and was great.  

Last sea day was big buffet and that was good. It was a good cruise but the only thing I can give a 10 to is service.  We have been on all the Edge class ships numerous times and our expectations were too high IMO. 

42 minutes ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

Had a good cruise with 4 other friends. We liked our cabin as bed was by the balcony.  Fine cut steak was excellent.  My filet cut like butter. I know there have been good and bad reviews on this restaurant but we all enjoyed it.  Buffet was good, enough choices, just wish the food was warmer. Desserts all around the ship were terrible. In Blu, service was good, food just ok. Cold rubbery pancakes for breakfast!  Dinner choices were not always to our liking.  Service was good everywhere on the ship.  Shows and entertainment were just ok. The last night was Residency and was great.  

Last sea day was big buffet and that was good. It was a good cruise but the only thing I can give a 10 to is service.  We have been on all the Edge class ships numerous times and our expectations were too high IMO. 

On our recent cruise on Ascent, we had a different experience.  This could be due to the fact that there was going to be a big turnover in staff  and the singers/dancers over the following two weeks.

1 hour ago, acrane said:

If I may ask, do your comments about the buffet apply to dinner? I'm wondering what that experience will be like. Thanks.

One couple we were with did dinner in the buffet one night. Said it was very limited food choices.  Not many people were even in there eating. Lunch and breakfast has lots of choices.

• Thanks 1

Our recent trip on the beautiful Ascent was a bit different. This was our first trip on E class.....a one and done for us....the IV"balcony" or lack there of is a deal beaker for us. Buffet we found to be quite good, lot's of choices. You are spot on about the desserts! Terrible, tasteless, although pleasing to the eye. Fine cut was a bust. Worst steak ever on a cruise ship( dry aged ribeye for an additional $60 upcharge). I feed my dog better! Had great meals in the roof top and Raw on Five. Tuscan was pretty decent with food, service was excellent by any standards.

But that was our experience/opinion

Cheers.

We were on the Ascent in March (also on Maiden Voyage in December but veranda cabin then) in Aqua Class which we usually book. Both the food and service in Blu were excellent. We like having the option for their Clean Cuisine. Also, enjoyed Raw of Five for lunch a couple times.

I have always liked the IV which adds extra space to the cabin and has the floor-to-ceiling view. The IV has finally grown on my husband who now likes it for the same reasons I do.