Storing bottle of wine purchased in Vines (or any bar)

I know that if you order a bottle of wine in the MDR and you don't drink it all at that meal then, if you ask the waiter, they will store it for you and retrieve it at your next meal. I have done this a few times and it works quite well although retrieval can take a little while sometimes.

What happens if I buy a bottle in Vines, or at another bar? Can I ask them to do the same?

What if I bought a bottle in the MDR and store d it but the next day I was in a bar and wanted my bottle retrieved... can I ask for that?

I am going to try to buy some of the better wines on my next cruise but don't really want to just restrict me to the MDR to drink them 🙂

Any advice appreciated 🙂 

I've bought a bottle in Vines and they've kept it for me, like they do in the dining room, wasn't a problem.

However, asking someone to go get your wine that's in the dining area seems like a stretch to me.  Can't answer if they would or wouldn't.

• Thanks 1

We've done this a few times in the past, consuming part of a bottle in one venue (say on MDR) and having it retrieved in another such as a specialty restaurant. If it is possible, be aware that retrieving the bottle can possibly a LONG time depending on where it is being stored. We had to wait one time over 30 minutes while they searched, and there's no guarantee they will find it in time if you are in the middle of a meal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1