UK Amex Offer

Did you make the payment online or over the phone?  I'm keen to take advantage of this if it works, but I only have the option to make full payment online, and I don't want to phone up and make a payment, only to find it's online only or something!

2 minutes ago, thedarklord said:

Did you make the payment online or over the phone?  I'm keen to take advantage of this if it works, but I only have the option to make full payment online, and I don't want to phone up and make a payment, only to find it's online only or something!

I’ve received the cash back in the past when paying by either method.

• Thanks 1

I was delighted to see this offer—I've been waiting to see if one would show up before adding FAS+ and extra dining. Even though I checked out once, it shows three pending transactions on Amex, each less than £750. Hopefully, they will consolidate into one transaction.

On 4/17/2024 at 2:47 PM, thedarklord said:

Did you make the payment online or over the phone?  

I've successfully obtained the statement credit twice by paying over the phone. As far as I know, this is the only way to make a partial payment. It is definitely worth only paying the £750 now—you may get another offer before the final payment is due.

On 4/17/2024 at 2:47 PM, thedarklord said:

Try on the App, I find the web will only let me make full payment but the app lets partial payments.

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2024 at 2:12 PM, amelia3171 said:

I've successfully obtained the statement credit twice by paying over the phone. As far as I know, this is the only way to make a partial payment. It is definitely worth only paying the £750 now—you may get another offer before the final payment is due.

You can make partial payments on the app. I did it yesterday to pay £750 off of a cruise.

It can sometimes be a bit buggy and in the past I’ve had to phone because the app wouldn’t process a payment, but it it certainly possible.

On the website there is no option to select a part payment.

Edited by KeithJenner

That’s good to know, thank you Keith. 

My payment has been posted as three transactions, I’ve never seen a single transaction split like that, I have a screenshot of the single transaction on NCL if the credit doesn’t show up. 

2 hours ago, amelia3171 said:

That’s good to know, thank you Keith. 

My payment has been posted as three transactions, I’ve never seen a single transaction split like that, I have a screenshot of the single transaction on NCL if the credit doesn’t show up. 

Please report back whether it automatically credits the cashback for you.

This issue has come up before, as these charges are regularly split, but I don’t recall whether it causes a problem with the cash back.

I usually get an email or notification to say the offer has been used so hopefully you will get that soon.

On 4/20/2024 at 10:41 PM, crow99 said:

Try on the App, I find the web will only let me make full payment but the app lets partial payments.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.
On the app now, and can see the partial payment option.  However, I notice it's in $, not £.  I'm probably just being paranoid and it's just the app being rubbish with the wrong label, but do I need to convert the £750 into USD before entering the figure?
(Yes, I tend to overthink things sometimes!)

For me, it's always been a stupid bug - even though it shows as $ if the booking is in GBP, it takes GBP - I made a payment yesterday and it went through in GBP.

With regards to split transactions, I had this once where I went with different amounts of onboard credit where each value came through as a different line. Had NCL refund and just went with 2 x $500 credits which did trigger.

For some reason Amex doesn't always send redemption emails, if you check your app it should show as recently redeemed in your offers though.

Posted (edited)

What a shame, I did not get it on either of my cards this time :classic_sad:
I have only just seen this but don't think I missed it as I check every day for new offers, it's rare I miss a day.

Edited by ziggyuk

On 4/21/2024 at 7:08 AM, KeithJenner said:

Please report back whether it automatically credits the cashback for you.

This issue has come up before, as these charges are regularly split, but I don’t recall whether it causes a problem with the cash back.

The cashback hasn't been posted automatically. Amex has "escalated" the issue and is "confident" I should have it within ten business days ... 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, amelia3171 said:

The cashback hasn't been posted automatically. Amex has "escalated" the issue and is "confident" I should have it within ten business days ... 

Thanks for reporting back.

Edited by KeithJenner