Sea Grape beach lately?

sunryz710

• 2 weeks later...

Was at Sea Grape Beach on April 10, 2006. Water is very nice there.....didn't hang out by all the people in there chairs cause it was like they were all right in one spot. Watersports right next to the beach and public restrooms very convenient. They had a bar that had a limited food menu....think my GF and I paid roughly $25.00 including tip for a couple of burgers/fries. See picture of Sea Grape sign...

test.JPG.1527cc1ed3ba6f6db5908b68062fe96c.JPG

We actually had our tour operator drop us off at Sea Grape on the way back from our excursion. No cab fare there, but did have to take one back to the port. They have cabs (van/bus) that line the street and the cab drivers will walk around like one of those people at the ballpark selling popcorn, peanuts, coke :). Also, I saw them wait until the entire van filled up. I believe we were the last two in our van and we had a total of maybe 14 people? I believe we paid $5 per person....$70.00 for a 15-20 minute ride for the driver. As far as the chairs go, we did not rent chairs. We ate at the bar area on stools looking out towards the water. It was perfect timing as it just began to storm (lasted about 30 minutes and then sun again). We chose to just walk about 100 yards to the left (if you are looking at the ocean from Sea Grape) and we used our beach towels. The immediate area at Sea Grape is ridiculously crowded with chairs...looks like a Wal-Mart parking lot. We chose the place we did because no one wanted to walk over there....it was like we had our private beach. I believe you could rent chairs and carry them just a little bit away from the rest. Not sure?

I was just at Sea Grape last week, and while there are watersports, chairs/umbrellas to rent and food, it was crowded and narrow. If I wanted that I could go to the Jersey shore in the summer, oh wait, I do! lol There were also only 3 ships in port that day. I can't even imagine more than that.

I've been spoiled by other less commercial islands where the most you have on a beach is maybe 30 people.

I also didn't like the fact that as a solo person (family stayed on ship), most of the taxis wouldn't take me back to the ship until others started to leave. I was lucky enough to find an industrious driver who picked me up as I was walking back. She also picked up other stragglers along the way. She was making money while the other taxis just sat and waited for full loads.

• 3 weeks later...

I've spent a little more time in the Caribbean than the average cruiser... and a couple things I've really enjoyed in Grand Cayman are Sea Grape Beach and a Jeep tour we went on! Sea Grape is the best stretch of powder white sand on all of 7 Mile Beach! No hotels looking down on you and a nice large public beach next door that is NEVER busy during the weekdays most ships are in port. So, plenty of room to get away from it all, or plant yourself right in the middle of the action! Great little bar and grill on site with the best Mudslides on the island! And pretty good chicken quesos! Also, Red Sail Sports is on site with plenty of water sports! Everything from waverunners to parasailing and kayaking! Complete package!

The Grand Cayman Jeep Adventure took us out to the east end of the island, away from the madding crowds and to a wonderful beach! Many nice historic sites along the way and a very talented guide who broadcasts a professional grade narration with nice caribe music intermixed! Not to be missed!

2704381920063951613LMgfEF_ph.jpg

2144366230063951613SWTJMr_ph.jpg

These were taken on May 2nd during cruise on the Carnival Miracle. Sea Grape is a wonderful beach and I would recommend it to anyone. Taxi ride back was $4/pp back to the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived