Car Service to SEA

1 hour ago, lovecruzin said:

Looking for recommendations for car service from the Pier to SEA, not Uber/Lyft

Uber and Lyft are pretty dominant in the market and are frankly the best option from a cost efficiency standpoint-- most of Seattle's brick and mortar black car services drive for Uber under the UberBlack selection anyway. 

We've used Seattle Black Limo once or twice when we wanted something nicer than usual (specifically a Merc S550) vs standard black car but it was expensive and for a specific reason.

I use an app called Blacklane which is really quite good and works well in Seattle. You will get a newer model black car and they pair you with a number of quality vetted partners they have. You pay in the app and all gratuity, taxes, and tolls are included so no surprises. Couldn't recommend higher. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 3:50 PM, lovecruzin said:

Thank you. If I recall Uber has a separate pick up area at Pier 91. Do you know if that applies to Uber Black as well?

All Uber/Lyft pick up in an area a rather short distance from the load/load turnaround, that is directly in front of the terminal.  If you are hailing Uber/Lyft, you go to the rideshare sign in the normal load/unload area, and a shuttle van will take you and your luggage for about a 2 minute ride down to the Uber/Lyft area.  It is also walkable to get to the rideshare pickup area.  You are not a second class citizen if you are getting to and from the port by rideshare.

We did black SUV from our hotel in the SeaTac area to pier 91 for a cruise last July.  The front desk at the Ceaderbrook Lodge arranged it for us.  Normally I would have gone with UberXL.  It was $100 including tip and the driver wanted to be paid in cash, so I was grateful to have my cruise wad with me.  On the trip back to Ceaderbrook to get our car I chose UberXL, and had an equally good large SUV pick us up, and the total cost including tip was $75.  My experience on a number of trips using both Uber and Lyft has always been excellent and competitively priced, along with not having to whip out cash.  I'll stick with those services.  There is no reason for me to book black car the old fashioned way.

Edited by jeromep