South America/Antarctica 01/09/2026

7 minutes ago, Archipelago said:

Thank You all ! I only want one night in Santiago and 2 or 3 nights in Buenos Aires...on the other end .Thank You ! 

Buenos Aires is another great town.  Get a private driver, your hotel concierge can set that up. Street taxis can be iffy so check with your hotels for their recommendations. It is surprisingly inexpensive and they can take you everywhere you want.   

@Alberta Quilter There is a big difference between what is available to book for your 2025 cruise and what @Archipelagois able to book the 2026 cruise.This thread is becoming very confusing.  Also, the port of embarkation is important.  Perhaps your Roll call or a post on the South American ports thread would be more helpful

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 0106 said:

@Alberta Quilter There is a big difference between what is available to book for your 2025 cruise and what @Archipelagois able to book the 2026 cruise.This thread is becoming very confusing.  Also, the port of embarkation is important.  Perhaps your Roll call or a post on the South American ports thread would be more helpful

I’m sorry if I created any confusion.  Some on my roll call are waiting for the same info I was inquiring about and, since it was a HAL specific question, I thought the HAL forum was the more appropriate place to ask than the SA forum.  Since I was asking for similar information as the OP, albeit for a different year, I assumed that the OP might be interested to know that the HAL pre/post hotel info is not yet available for those sailing in less than a year.  

• Like 2

@Alberta QuilterI’m glad you have posted your question on your Roll Call.  Perhaps a new topic with a title like “When Does HAL Release Pre- cruise Hotel Information” would help you find an answer.  

Enjoy your cruise!

A question for Mary ...when you mentioned that the Santiago hotel served breakfast and had the room ready the day of arrival was that a HAL hotel or any hotel in Santiago ? It's a long way away so not sure if I will book HAL hotel or my own ...have been doing my own on my latest travels. Thank You 

5 hours ago, Archipelago said:

A question for Mary ...when you mentioned that the Santiago hotel served breakfast and had the room ready the day of arrival was that a HAL hotel or any hotel in Santiago ? It's a long way away so not sure if I will book HAL hotel or my own ...have been doing my own on my latest travels. Thank You 

Yes, that is right.  I have stayed with HaL a number of times in various locations.  A little known part of booking with them is early checkin even extremely early plus breakfast and transfers are included. Transfers are from airport and to cruise ship.  If you arrive early enough for breakfast on the first day that is included too.  If the hotel has quit serving breakfast then of course there would not be breakfast.