BOA RCI Credit Card Reward Points

5 minutes ago, mandyleighflies said:

We have this card also and had the same questions! Where do we redeem the points? Is it on the BOA site or the RCCL site? If we use this card as our sail and sign, do we receive additional perks? 

A simple google search answered my question LOL 

One of the options listed is a cabin upgrade for 5k points. Is that a for sure upgrade or a "bid" like RoyalUP? We have two upcoming sailings in JS, would that upgrade for 5k points get us a GS? 

36 minutes ago, mandyleighflies said:

We have this card also and had the same questions! Where do we redeem the points? Is it on the BOA site or the RCCL site? If we use this card as our sail and sign, do we receive additional perks? 

It's on the BOA website. You have to log into your account and you will see an area on the left-hand side that talks about your RCI rewards and it gives you a button to click to "redeem" and your choices are there.

3 hours ago, pharmdawg said:
  • So if I'm using it for my wife and I in the same cabin should I choose individual or shared (since I am sharing it with my wife)?

Are you and your wife using different cards to settle your onboard accounts? When we cruise, I enter a credit card for me and then say I am paying for my wife's account also. I put all of the OBC in my name since I am the one paying for both of us. If you and your wife will be setting up separate accounts, you can use the share option so that you both have some OBC to use. 

Actually I am using the card to settle all accounts in 3 rooms that are linked. My wife and I in one room, a son and family in another room and another son and family in another room. I want to split the credit into 3 different rooms. I assume I use the shared option. When I go to checkout, I assume it will then ask for the reservation numbers?

22 hours ago, mandyleighflies said:

A simple google search answered my question LOL 

One of the options listed is a cabin upgrade for 5k points. Is that a for sure upgrade or a "bid" like RoyalUP? We have two upcoming sailings in JS, would that upgrade for 5k points get us a GS? 

5,000 points get you an...

"Upgrade on a 3 or 4 night Royal Caribbean cruise, (minimum available oceanview stateroom); value of upgrade may not exceed fifty dollars ($50 USD value)"

That's an upgrade from interior to ocean view and the difference in price between the two cannot exceed $50.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pharmdawg said:

Actually I am using the card to settle all accounts in 3 rooms that are linked. My wife and I in one room, a son and family in another room and another son and family in another room. I want to split the credit into 3 different rooms. I assume I use the shared option. When I go to checkout, I assume it will then ask for the reservation numbers?

I don't think (I can't remember for sure) it asks for reservation numbers but it will ask for names and stateroom numbers.