Tea Service

Goofyisme

Posted (edited)

We have been lucky enough to get a suite for an upcoming cruise on the Island Princess. It says we have a formal tea service. Is this done at a specific location on the ship or in our stateroom?  

Edited by Goofyisme

• Goofyisme changed the title to Tea Service

It is delivered to your suite and you will need to order it from room service in advance for the day or days you prefer. 

It is not really served in the same way it is in the dining room with a waiter serving you, but all the components will be delivered to your suite - tea, sandwiches, scones, sweets, with all the accompaniments. They will bring a tablecloth to put on the table and get things set up and leave so you can serve yourself and enjoy. 

We enjoyed it on the couple of occasions we have had a suite, and as an Elite benefit.  It is really nice to sit in your balcony with your full tea service and just feel very civilized and pampered! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, darnheather said:

How much is tea service for those without a suite?

You would need to have Elite status to order to a room other than a Suite.

However, you can attend tea service in one of the MDRs on most sea days in the mid-afternoon. We've enjoyed that amenity a lot over the years. We usually end up sitting with other people on board and meeting some new people. But we've also enjoyed a quiet table to ourselves, in case you aren't up for socializing.

• Like 1

Tea service in the MDR on a sea day is free.  Service begins around 3/3:30.  Scones can be found in the buffet after 3 PM (not sure daily).  Wish they were at the IC also. 

I miss my warm cookies and milk cart in the Piazza at 4 PM.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Tea service in the MDR on a sea day is free.  Service begins around 3/3:30.  Scones can be found in the buffet after 3 PM (not sure daily).  Wish they were at the IC also. 

I miss my warm cookies and milk cart in the Piazza at 4 PM.

Oh I do too!! I feel if there was only one thing I could convince Princess to bring back, it would be the cookies and milk. It would be an instant guest pleaser!!

• Like 2