Sea Turtles - Snorkeling

BF3

@BF3

There are several sites around Kona that you can expect them, Maui and Oahu less so..  In the Caribbean, they're far from guaranteed, but good chances on Bonaire and Aruba.  They're fairly common throughout the Caribbean, but I can't think of other spots where I'd think snorkelers would have very good chances of seeing them.

Harris

Denver, CO

'

The last couple of times we’ve seen them in Curacao.  I can’t remember the name of the area but basically the fishermen are cleaning their fish at the pier & the turtles are all around there, 

I saw some in Bonaire every time I've been there, at least half a dozen times.  I've also seen them in Curacao and at times most of the other Caribbean islands.  Often times if you book a snorkeling excursion, they know where the turtles are.

I've seen turtles in Cozumel, Costa Maya, Bonaire, Grand Cayman, & Curacao although this was during scuba diving.  I do think that if a turtle hears 40 people jumping in the water to go snorkeling they probably are heading off to quieter waters.

We saw this little lady in Cozumel earlier this year. 

IMG_5762.jpeg

Edited by Team Stag

Turtles in most of the western and eastern Caribbean. On every island there are special places they hang out (they like the sea grass).  One of my favorite places is Deadmans Reef in Freeport. It's a small place so not a lot of tourists splashing around to scare off the turtles. I have been just snorkeling around surrounded by multiple turtles many times. It's my go-to place when I'm cruising the Bahamas