Deck 7 on Brillance

If you've ever been on this ship could you please tell me if the balconies on this deck are larger than the other decks? According to the cruise consultant and the model of the ship, they are. That is why we decided to book this deck, room 7540, rather than go with category D1 on deck 8 or 9 (which was $100 cheaper). Now it's been suggested that these aren't that great of rooms, that the deck looks down on the lifeboats, i.e., no view of the ocean from the balcony, and that the balconies aren't any bigger.

I'm so confused....:(

As a Coast Gaurd Regulation no lifeboats are allowed to be at the same level as a balcony. All balcony rooms are above lifeboat level.

On deck seven you are about 2 stories above the lifeboats. All almost every room when you look directly down you can see the lifeboats but no rooms have the lifeboats in front of them. You are in the front of the ship where there are usually no lifeboats. Another thing is that most lifeboats are kept under the cover of the 5th floor promenade outside deck.

All views are good with balconies.

The size of the decks on all D1 are the same size.

FIRE YOUR CRUISE CONSULTANT! and go with the D1 on deck 9.

Don't listen to Cruiser06. that information is wrong.

Deck 7 is directly above the lifeboats.

Looking down, you can NOT see the lifeboats - you see the cover over the lifeboats.

These lifeboats on the Radiance class ships are below the 7th deck cover (NOT the 5th)

All views are NOT good with balconies if you like to look down at the water against the ship. This "cover" we talk about is blocking that view.

The d1 balconies are NOT all the same size - - Look at the deck plans of the port side hump cabins.... these balconies are HUGE.

Not only are the deck 7 cabins not bigger (the balconies of the E1's are a little larger than those of the E3's-- by about 2 feet deeper)

"Byefgairwind" is right. The forward & aft E1's are not blocked by the cover.

And thanks for the picture, it really shows the difference. But if your D1 is $100 less (or even if the D1 is $100 more) you should definitely go with the D1 if you can get a hump cabin on 9.

When you change to the D1 cabin, specifically request either 9078 or 9092. Look at the deck plans and you will see that the D1 is larger and better cabin AND these balconies on the hump are HUGE! Plus you can see the ocean because these bigger rooms are out furthar over the ocean.

Hope this helps.

Sorry DHADEN - I implied that you were wrong. To get back to the original question 7540 does not overlook the lifeboats. It is a forward E1. Again the deckplan shows where the ship curves in and the E3s begin which look out over the lifeboat cover.

Look at the url I posted of the forward section.

Not all deck 7 balconies are overlooking the lifeboat covers. The E3s do, but the E1s fore and aft of the middle section jut out a little more and have a straight view down to the water. Only the E1s on deck 7 have the larger balconies....those on decks 8, 9 and 10 do not.

Not all deck 7 balconies are overlooking the lifeboat covers. The E3s do, but the E1s fore and aft of the middle section jut out a little more and have a straight view down to the water. Only the E1s on deck 7 have the larger balconies....those on decks 8, 9 and 10 do not.

Thanks to all of you for your help, BUT, the cruise consultant said the same thing that Emily did...I think we'll stay with this cabin because the cruise is almost sold out & I think we'll be happier with the larger balcony since we tend to stay out on it so much.

Thanks again! I appreciate it.:)

Sophie's Mom

The forward and aft cabins do not over look the life boat covering. They also have larger balconies. You can see this from the deck plans.

If this link from the Serenade works you'll see what I mean.

http://image10.webshots.com/10/2/27/36/138122736YnMDMc_fs.jpg

Thanks so much for the picture..it really helped! We'll stay with this cabin.

:D

Archived