Found great Joy vibe walk through on YT

Awesome walk through of Joy vibe post refurb

Courtesy of YouTuber Mike (@mikesBarbaricYawp) 

can’t wait to be on the tippy-top deck when passing under bridge of the americas on Nov Panama Canal cruise! 

• Like 1

@JamesIowa Thanks for finding and posting.  

We were on the Joy last March and this shows they really did a nice job with the re-furbish by outfitting the upper level exceptionally!   The laser tag was wasted space.

Also, they tripled the number of Cabanas.  The old layout only had 3 or 4 on the starboard side.  

That will be an awesome place for the Panama Canal cruise!  Enjoy

18 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

That will be an awesome place for the Panama Canal cruise!

It is! Here are a few pics from my bliss pc cruise in Dec 23….i thought we were going to hit for sure. One of my favorite parts of the entire cruise.

IMG_1494.jpeg

IMG_1499.jpeg

IMG_1506.jpeg

IMG_1505.jpeg

IMG_1509.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JamesIowa said:

Awesome walk through of Joy vibe post refurb

Courtesy of YouTuber Mike (@mikesBarbaricYawp) 

can’t wait to be on the tippy-top deck when passing under bridge of the americas on Nov Panama Canal cruise! 

Thank you very much for posting this link.

Still trying to figure out how to obtain a cabana.    Anyone have any experience?

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you very much for posting this link.

Still trying to figure out how to obtain a cabana.    Anyone have any experience?

If they are available (still not fully booked), they will have the Cabana option in the same area as they show booking a vibe pass, usually right below.  The Cabana booking includes (2) vibe passes.  In the past it was priced about $110 more total than the cost of  two individual vibe passes.  

image.png.6dd96bf7f74a0c227b700a9087c78ffa.png

If you do not see the ability to book, then in all likelihood, they are sold out already.  But keep looking back regularly in case they open up.  

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

If they are available (still not fully booked), they will have the Cabana option in the same area as they show booking a vibe pass, usually right below.  The Cabana booking includes (2) vibe passes.  In the past it was priced about $110 more total than the cost of  two individual vibe passes.  

image.png.6dd96bf7f74a0c227b700a9087c78ffa.png

If you do not see the ability to book, then in all likelihood, they are sold out already.  But keep looking back regularly in case they open up.  

Yes, but having checked every day since the time joy cabanas were announced until 2 minutes ago, the option has never appeared. It’s mentioned in “explore ships” but nothing listed under “entertainment”.

my PCC said they would be available for reservations “some time after” refurb…but nobody seems to really know. 

it’s not that it’s sold out, they haven’t been sold yet.
We’re literally trying to throw more $ their way and can’t? Very non-NCL like.

Edited by JamesIowa
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JamesIowa said:

Yes, but having checked every day since the time joy cabanas were announced until 2 minutes ago, the option has never appeared. It’s mentioned in “explore ships” but nothing listed under “entertainment”.

my PCC said they would be available for reservations “some time after” refurb…but nobody seems to really know. 

I know!   Been wanting to throw them extra money for months to reserve three of them and have also been told they will be available soon but running out of time.

2 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I know!   Been wanting to throw them extra money for months to reserve three of them and have also been told they will be available soon but running out of time.

IMG_0428.jpeg

12 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

@vacation44 do you have a contingency plan if they’re still fcfs for your cruise? I wonder if a voluntary contribution to the vibe staff might help ensure they’re “reserved” for your party.

It

45 minutes ago, JamesIowa said:

@vacation44 do you have a contingency plan if they’re still fcfs for your cruise? I wonder if a voluntary contribution to the vibe staff might help ensure they’re “reserved” for your party.

Is it fcfs everyday or just the first day upon boarding?   I have read conflicting information on this.  

And truefully, I would have no issue with a Vibe staff contribution since I am willing to pay the additional money to trade up our passes for the six of us. 

2 hours ago, JamesIowa said:

it’s not that it’s sold out, they haven’t been sold yet.

I would buy the standard passes for the time being just to insure you have the passes.  If you see the cabanas appear suddenly, then just call and have them update your booking.   If you want the Vibe, buy the passes as soon as possible.  Don't risk getting locked out (literally and figuratively)

2 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I would buy the standard passes for the time being just to insure you have the passes.  If you see the cabanas appear suddenly, then just call and have them update your booking.   If you want the Vibe, buy the passes as soon as possible.  Don't risk getting locked out (literally and figuratively)

Agree.  We have had our passes since July 2022 when they started preselling!  Just hoping they open up the cabana passes in the next few weeks.   We had a cabana for the first time this past February on the Encore and really liked having it.  Already reserved one for our February 2025 Viva cruise.

• Like 1