NCL Epic Haven - 2 bedroom

Posted (edited)

Our family was just in 2BR Haven suite 16013 on the Epic from 3/31-4/7, and we were one door down from the pool area. In other words, if you exited the pool area on the starboard side, there was a suite door right in front of you, and ours was the next one to the left. The hallway between these two doors was abutting our suite. I know there is a YouTube video of this cabin that was taken in the spring of 2023, IIRC, when the Epic was docked in Civitavecchia.

Anyway, we had no problem with noise from the pool area at all. The only noise issues we had were the suite next to us, because they had teenagers going in and out constantly and being noisy on the balcony, and the suite above us must've had kids doing wind sprints. It was a little frustrating because we were cruising with our kids and made our expectations for their behavior very clear, but my expectations were low to begin with as far as child/teenager behavior from others' kids, so I wasn't exactly surprised at this.

If you're not cruising during a school break, you should be just fine on deck 16 as far as noise is concerned.

Edited by rbxlady

2 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Was that with dialysis at sea? We've been trying to finagle a family trip for hubby's large extended family, but it's tough between his uncle's dialysis needs, cousin's autism at sea needs, our preference in where we go/when we go.... The only trips I've seen DaS offer were through RCC, so curious to hear they're able to do it on NCL ships as well.

Nope. Just arranged for it ourselves. He did peritoneal, so the first time it was arranged he didn't need a machine (all manual). The second cruise we planned on bringing the machine with us, but we ended up canceling when he got his transplant.

If your family member is doing peritoneal, then it can be arranged with the ship. We had Baxter deliver the supplies to the ship, which were waiting for the cabin for us when we arrived. The only thing we didn't have was a heating pad (not allowed on ships), but my husband just let the liquid get warm by placing them in the windows.

I'm not sure Dialysis at Sea sails with NCL.

14 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

Nope. Just arranged for it ourselves. He did peritoneal, so the first time it was arranged he didn't need a machine (all manual). The second cruise we planned on bringing the machine with us, but we ended up canceling when he got his transplant.

If your family member is doing peritoneal, then it can be arranged with the ship. We had Baxter deliver the supplies to the ship, which were waiting for the cabin for us when we arrived. The only thing we didn't have was a heating pad (not allowed on ships), but my husband just let the liquid get warm by placing them in the windows.

From NCL.com FAQ's:

Dialysis

Guests requiring continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis are welcome to board all vessels. However, Norwegian Cruise Line does not have the ability to assist or administer hemo-dialysis treatments. Those guests using peritoneal dialysis should have all solutions and equipment needed to perform the dialysis delivered to the vessel on the day of sailing at least two hours prior to sailing. Please contact the Access desk prior to the cruise for more information on Norwegian Cruise Line's policies and procedures.

23 hours ago, brookie848 said:

Ahh, ok. I think with enough notice and willingness to pay, DaS is able to work with other cruise lines if they have conference room space to set up their equipment. Hubby's uncle isn't in a position to be able to do anything on their own, so we'll have to just do a bit more research between both DaS and the requirements for each cruise line that we're considering. It's just nice to know there's options out there and the whole family can still travel together even with different health issues and such.