Sail away-Villefranche-close enough to see Promenade des Anglais?

Taking family to see Monte Carlo and Eze on our stop at Villefranche.  They've never been to Nice and would like to say they at least saw a part of it.  By any chance on the sail away heading to Marseille, does the ship travel near the coastline of Nice or does it go further out into the ocean directly from Villefranche before turning to go westward?  

Thanks for any insight.  

Unlikely, but bring very good binoculars in case the ship is not too far out. 

If you are on a private tour and have a long port day, you can ask to do a drive by of the Promenade before going to Eze. It is very close to the port even if it involves going in the opposite direction for a little while.

🤣🤣🤣

I'm familiar with the shipping lanes as I try to get long range pictures of QM2 from our window when she visits. That's at a range of about nine miles!

If you are ready when leaving the Rade at Villefranche you'll get a view of the Promenade des Anglais at a range of about 2.3 miles. If you have a powerful zoom you might get some decent pics. Downside is that clearest air tends to be early in the day. By time you leave there will probably be a bit of a haze and pics might be a bit fuzzy.

This is very helpful information.

I had thought of having our driver stop from Eze at Parc forestier du Mont-Baron, however, from pictures, it seems like that is a far view of Nice.   I know Castle Hill has good views, but it's an extra 12-15 minutes there and an extra 12-15 minutes back to Villefranche.  My husband doesn't think the extra running and stress is worth it...  I'm still trying to decide.