Later disembarkation time in Reykjavik.

Hello our flight out of Reykjavik is fairly late so we wont be in a rush to leave the ship(Venture). What is generally a later time we can disembark(trying to figure out taxi pickup time)?

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, reposado said:

Hello our flight out of Reykjavik is fairly late so we wont be in a rush to leave the ship(Venture). What is generally a later time we can disembark(trying to figure out taxi pickup time)?

You don't give specifics as to what is "fairly late", so this is just general advice.

If you don't have a flight until late afternoon/evening, my plan would be to do the following.

1) Take a taxi from the port to the BSI bus terminal.

2) Store my luggage at the facility there

3) Spend the day in downtown Reykjavik, browsing as you wish

4) Return to the bus terminal, get your bags, then take the Flybus directly to KEF

This has a number of advantages.  First, you aren't sitting around the airport for hours.  It gives you time to wander through town on your own.  And the local taxi + Flybus cost will be significantly less than a taxi all the way from the port to KEF.

You might also be able to get Flybus+ service from the port itself.  I would check with Flybus to see if this option is available.  That way, your port to terminal cost gets blended into your Flybus fare.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reposado said:

Thats great advice Flyertalker and something I'll definitely consider. Fairly late is 5pm.

Definitely plan on the Flybus from Reykjavik to KEF.  Take the 2pm bus, arrive at 2:45p, plenty of time to check-in, go through immigration and security, do some duty-free shopping and relax.

Should give you at least 4+ hours in town - if you are inclined, check to see if they have a tour of the Harpa concert hall available. Bunches of other things to do in walking distance.

https://www.re.is/tour/flybus/

• Thanks 1