Special events on board, not excursions

I'm not talking bingo, karaoke, or trivia, I understand that those events will be posted in the app daily.

This is only my second cruise, 1st on princess.  I tool grandkid on a short Disney Cruise last year.  There were some events at the various bars that you could go to,

(extra cost)  like Mixology, where you could talk cocktails with the bartender and mix a few as a group, or whiskey or wine tastings.  Those looked like fun, but it obviously adult only, and I stayed with my grandkids.

Does Princess have anything like that?  That would be fun on a sea day.  I haven't seen anything on the app, just excursions for ports.

Crusing Alaska Whittier to Vancouver 7 day on Royal Princess this summer.

For specific unique events on an Alaska itinerary check out the North to Alaska program:  https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-destinations/alaska-cruises/north-to-alaska-cruise-activities

Every Alaska cruise has a full time naturalist on board that gives lectures in the theater and provides commentary from the bridge (for example, in the case of wildlife sightings).  If your itinerary includes Glacier Bay, National Park Rangers board for the day and provide commentary.

This is all in addition to the daily free events on board.  To get an idea of the extent of them take a look at any Patter posted for this season (I realize it has just begun but postings should be available soon).

Yes they do. I have seen demonstrations at the Good Spirits Bar in the Piazza, deck 5. There are also wine tastings. You will find these type of activities listed in the daily event listings which you will get in your cabin as well as in the Journey View on the app and on the large screens around the ship. I will mention that you have only one sea day so that these type of activities are limited. Live music sets, performers, times and locations are also shown.