Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

For those of you who have travelled through the terminal in Brooklyn I have a coupe of questions.

How easy is baggage drop off before parking the car?

How far of a walk is it from parking to the terminal?

Are there separate lines for those boarding in suites or with status such as elite?

Is there any waiting area/lounge for suite or elite passengers?

Thanks for any answers anybody can provide.  Looking forward to a new experience.

Cruised out of Brooklyn for the first time last September. It was easiest embarkation we have ever had. 

We arrived by car around 10am. A porter met us at our car in the designated drop off area. He took our luggage from there. 
The parking area begins approximately 100 feet from the drop off area. It’s a very short walk back to the terminal. 
Once inside the terminal (we had our medallions and “green lane”) it was literally 10 minutes until we were on the ship. 
Not sure about separate lines or the waiting area as they were not needed at least for this particular cruise. 

• Like 1

We went through there in August of 2022.  There was a seperate sitting area for suites/elites but it was just seats, no real seperate area.  The person in charge assigned you a seat based on when you arrived and we all thought that meant when it was time to board the ship that was the order you would board in.  Nope, when it was time to board they just opened the doors and said everyone could board.  It was a free for all: no priority for those in wheelchairs or needing assistance, no priority for suites/elites, nothing.

We are considering the nov cruise from Brooklyn on enchanted ending in Ft. Lauderdale. Would a 10:15 morning flight out of Ft. Lauderdale be to early to consider with a 6 am docking time.

22 hours ago, labcoat99 said:

The parking area begins approximately 100 feet from the drop off area. It’s a very short walk back to the terminal. 

What does Brooklyn Cruise Terminal charge for car parking per day?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

What does Brooklyn Cruise Terminal charge for car parking per day?

$45 US per night.  (Man, that's gone up, it was $13/day when I cruised from there in 2007!)

https://cruise.nyc/BCT-directions-parking

You can take a look at the terminal, and measure the walk here on Google Maps (I get about 750 feet (225M) from the middle of the lot to the entrance):

https://maps.app.goo.gl/MvUE52GwwPS3bamW8

Edited by BDevilCruiser
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, BDevilCruiser said:

$45 US per night.

😵 Welcome to New York. All is said.

Next time park for free at the Ikea in NJ. But wait. Taxi/Uber from there also costs 100 USD minimun to Brooklyn Cruise Pier. 😄

Edited by EDVM96

17 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

😵 Welcome to New York. All is said.

Next time park for free at the Ikea in NJ. But wait. Taxi/Uber from there also costs 100 USD minimun to Brooklyn Cruise Pier. 😄

I wouldn't trust my car being left at IKEA for a week.

15 minutes ago, BDevilCruiser said:

I wouldn't trust my car being left at IKEA for a week.

This was a joke of course.

17 hours ago, kalkal said:

We are considering the nov cruise from Brooklyn on enchanted ending in Ft. Lauderdale. Would a 10:15 morning flight out of Ft. Lauderdale be to early to consider with a 6 am docking time.

No problem making a 10:15am FLL flight...unless perhaps you are mobility challenged.  I've self-assist luggage walked off a Princess ship and arrived at the airport in time for a 9am flight.

• Like 1