Thermal spa question

I know it’s an extra charge to use the thermal spa. Do they limit the amount of passes they sell? Can I go anytime or do I have to pick certain times/days? If you have personally used it, how busy was it & was it worth the extra cost? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Joyfulcruiset said:

I know it’s an extra charge to use the thermal spa. Do they limit the amount of passes they sell? Can I go anytime or do I have to pick certain times/days? If you have personally used it, how busy was it & was it worth the extra cost? 

We bought a thermal pass a few cruise ago.  It is unlimited access.  Since then, we book spa balconies.  We're thermal spa junkies.  Obviously we think it's worth.   We never really find it too busy or crowded.   You'll usually find us in the thalassotherapy pool.

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We bought a thermal pass a few cruise ago.  It is unlimited access.  Since then, we book spa balconies.  We're thermal spa junkies.  Obviously we think it's worth.   We never really find it too busy or crowded.   You'll usually find us in the thalassotherapy pool.

Thank you! We enjoyed the thermal spa on Holland America, but haven’t tried Carnival.

• Like 1

Depends on which ship. In the Breeze for me it is so worth it but it's it is almost always busy. On the Vista though, the thalassotherapy pool was too small & only 2 heated loungers were working. In the Jubilee, the thalassotherapy pool was small too, lots of heated loungers but very busy most of the day. In the evening though it was pretty empty

Yeah, it definitely depends on the ship. Some have a nice view and larger pools and some very small pools. They do limit the number of extra passes but if you have a spa room you can go any time. It does get crowded sometimes on sea days. Some have dry heat rooms also. They are pretty nice.

23 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

Depends on which ship. In the Breeze for me it is so worth it but it's it is almost always busy. On the Vista though, the thalassotherapy pool was too small & only 2 heated loungers were working. In the Jubilee, the thalassotherapy pool was small too, lots of heated loungers but very busy most of the day. In the evening though it was pretty empty

I totally agree about the thalassotherapy pool.  The Dream class has the best. 

Have cruised and booked spa balconies on Dream, Vista and Excel class ships. I won’t bother with the Vista or Excel class ships anymore. The Thalassa pool is my sweet spot and it simply isn’t large bough to accommodate the amount of passengers that would like to use it. Add to the location on Excel class ships, down in dungeon like atmosphere with no windows to the outside. Not good at all if claustrophobic. Dream class will always get me in a spa balcony. 

• Like 3

We love the T-pool spa passes, but it was so busy during our last cruise on the Dream it ended up not being a good value for the cost.  Sadly, because of that, we decided to not purchase it for our upcoming Dream cruise.  

Big fan of the thermal spa however it does depend on type of ship.   On the Mardi Gras the thermal pool is very small and the whole spa area is quite dark.   I would not pay extra for this one.

• Like 1