Regal Princess Lotus Spa...Tell Me!

Frequent cruiser on the Carnival Dream Class ships that have the Cloud 9 Spa with the Thalassotherapy pool.  I am not a Lido Deck kind of person, so spend a lot of time in the spa (pool, 3 saunas). When I say I spend a lot of time in the Spa, on our last 7-day cruise on the Breeze I totaled about 26 hours in the spa, so yeah, important to me.   Have pretty much said no Dream Class ship, no Spa.  However, we are now thinking of a cruise out of Galveston on the Regal Princess.  I looked at some online videos of the Lotus Spa.  My gut tells me I would be disappointed with that Spa (hot tub looks small, whole area seems dark and noisy).   But will keep an open mind if anyone who has been in both can provide a comparative review.   Thanks!

If you are talking about the Thermal Suite in the spa it isn't noisy as people tend to just relax.  The hot tub is very large - enough for at least 12 people I would say if not more but that would include standing up as the seating is very limited.  The main shortage is if you wanted one of the heated benches.  Those are often in short supply. I have not been in the Cloud Spa so I can't compare, sorry.

I don't believe that the Enclave on the Regal Princess is meant to be an all day retreat. It's a small area. You can check it out as it will be open for tours when you board. Entrance is on deck 5 forward. There is a fee for the Enclave. I don't know what it is. 

You may enjoy the Sanctuary. This is an outdoor lounge area forward on deck 17. This an upcharge area where you reserve your own lounge. The cost is $20/half day am or pm, $40/full day, $30/day if you reserve for all days of the cruise. There are no hot tubs or pools. On tropical cruises the Sanctuary is popular and in demand. To reserve a lounge you have to be one of the earliest to board and then go directly there. It's first come first to reserve.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=Regal+Princess+sanctuary&type=E210US105G0#id=3&vid=8da2801ce59b39aff5f6e99232569dc5&action=click 

On 5/5/2024 at 11:32 PM, Badfinger said:

Frequent cruiser on the Carnival Dream Class ships that have the Cloud 9 Spa with the Thalassotherapy pool.  I am not a Lido Deck kind of person, so spend a lot of time in the spa (pool, 3 saunas). When I say I spend a lot of time in the Spa, on our last 7-day cruise on the Breeze I totaled about 26 hours in the spa, so yeah, important to me.   Have pretty much said no Dream Class ship, no Spa.  However, we are now thinking of a cruise out of Galveston on the Regal Princess.  I looked at some online videos of the Lotus Spa.  My gut tells me I would be disappointed with that Spa (hot tub looks small, whole area seems dark and noisy).   But will keep an open mind if anyone who has been in both can provide a comparative review.   Thanks!

The Lotus Spa is small . There are no windows . Not a place you can sit and while the day away while staring at the ocean. i love the Lotus Spa but I only use it for a couple of hours at a time.