Changing Form of Payment From Credit Card to Have It All Credits Without Losing Position

Quick question for repeat Holland America Cruisers, especially post-Covid:

We purchased the Have It All (HIA) package recently and are trying to apply HAI credits to existing dining and excursion reservations. When we call Holland’s customer service, they say they can’t change the form of payment from credit card to Have It All credits on the phone without cancelling the reservations first. That would effectively lose our reservations and would put us on wait lists for the same events in some cases. The customer service agent on the phone says that we can, however, make this change from credit card to credits without losing our position once on board. 

Does anyone here have experience with this and what can we expect?

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Crackin cruisers said:

The customer service agent on the phone says that we can, however, make this change from credit card to credits without losing our position once on board.

This part is true. Did you talk specifically with shore excursions or merely the regular reservations team?

Posted (edited)

Thanks for confirming.

I called the main number and said “agent” several times to get to a human as I had several topics to address that were specific and not in the FAQ or other self serve areas. I’m guessing it was a regular reservations person. 

Edited by Crackin cruisers

14 minutes ago, Crackin cruisers said:

Thanks for confirming.

I called the main number and said “agent” several times to get to a human as I had several topics to address that were specific and not in the FAQ or other self serve areas. I’m guessing it was a regular reservations person. 

Ok, so may I suggest you try again and contact shore excursions?  1-888-425-9376

• Like 1

I have no experience with doing this but have read here on CC, that you can indeed do this onboard.  To change your dining reservations, you must go to Guest Services.  They will be able to change the form of payment from the credit card to the HIA promotion.  For shorex, you must go to the Shore Excursion desk to do the similar thing for shorex.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

Ok, so may I suggest you try again and contact shore excursions?  1-888-425-9376

Good idea!

I tried and got the same explanation. The only way to change payment form is to cancel the existing booking and create a new one. This means that if the slot is not available or waitlisted, I need to choose a different time (dining) or be waitlisted on the excursion I am already booked on. 

I am heartened to hear that once we are on board, the change can be made without impacting our existing reservation except payment form.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 8:18 AM, Crackin cruisers said:

Quick question for repeat Holland America Cruisers, especially post-Covid:

We purchased the Have It All (HIA) package recently and are trying to apply HAI credits to existing dining and excursion reservations. When we call Holland’s customer service, they say they can’t change the form of payment from credit card to Have It All credits on the phone without cancelling the reservations first. That would effectively lose our reservations and would put us on wait lists for the same events in some cases. The customer service agent on the phone says that we can, however, make this change from credit card to credits without losing our position once on board. 

Does anyone here have experience with this and what can we expect?

Thanks!

We have always been able to change form of payment once onboard at Guest services and/or shore excursions desk. Last year on the Koningsdam we had CO and I was able to make the changes at the CO guest services line. This is true for both HIA credits and onboard credits from either HAL or our TA.

Edited by terrydtx

To do the swap on the ship, make sure you go to correct place. Dining at the dining podium / kiosk and shore excursions at the shore excursions desk.

The advice not to cancel an rebook is definitely correct.