Dom Pérignon @ SIP Lounge Question

I was looking at their drink menu. They have Dom Pérignon by the glass. Has anyone ever ordered this? Do they open a bottle and then have some special way of keeping the other 5 servings fresh? For $65 a glass, I'm sure someone wouldn't like a serving from a 24 hour old bottle that was just kept capped and chilled...or would they? Anyone know what their process is at SIP?

We bought a bottle at the wake.

At first they said they were sold out, and after explaining it was for my wife's birthday the sommelier was able to magically find some. Not sure what that was about 🤷.

But completely agree, if they are serving it by the glass, it better be consumed completely within a few hours. Those cork stoppers can only do so much.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know how they do it in VV, but usually, For sparkling wines they use a device called coravin, which seals the bottle hermetically and fills the excess space of the wine served with CO2, which it injects from a capsule. For white wines, the same system is used, with the difference that the wine is accessed with a needle, without uncorking the wine. It is the only way to be able to uncork and keep such exclusive wines in good condition.

IMG_0057.jpeg

Edited by Patxiartxandape
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

Not sure what that was about 🤷.

about a flight of stairs and 3/4 the length of the ship to grab a bottle from sip lol

Edited by scaught
  • Haha 3

If they have the Bubbles & Bites event on your schedule they'll pop open a bottle of Dom Pérignon (or two) for the participants to try. It is 35 or 40 dollars -- when I did it you got to learn about Champagne via one of the sommeliers, talk about pairing Champagne, specifically with fried chicken, and you got to sample 1/5 - 1/2 a glass of Moet Chandon Imperial, Veuve Clique Brut (Orange Label), and the Dom Pérignon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We ordered a couple glasses of Dom last week on Resilient Lady and the bottle had been previously opened and it was still very fresh and very tasty.  It did appear to have the covavin on the bottle.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trippingpara said:

We ordered a couple glasses of Dom last week on Resilient Lady and the bottle had been previously opened and it was still very fresh and very tasty.  It did appear to have the covavin on the bottle.

Thanks…good to know