Short Review of Caribbean Princess

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Thank you for the great review of your cruise. Sounds like a marvelous time"

annmarz was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

My better half and I were on the Caribbean Princess last week to Princess Cays; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic; and Turks and Caicos which we couldn't dock at due to weather and high waves.  This was my 28th Princess cruise although I have not been on Princess since 2011.  We are mid-sixties and fit right in with this mostly older crowd.

We enjoyed our cruise very much!  The ship was in great shape and looked like the "old" Princess ships I remembered.  The crew was extremely friendly, as were the passengers.  The food was great in the dining rooms and "casual dining" venues.  The buffet was just average.  Fruit was usually over- or under ripe and food was often not hot enough, but there was plenty of variety.  The omelet station at breakfast was wonderful.

The Medallion worked well and was the most expedient way to get drinks when bars and lounges were crowded.  The comedians were a riot - standing room only in Club Fusion AKA The "Laugh Lounge."  The production shows were good but the ABBA singer brought the whole theater to their feet!  I never knew how much I appreciated ABBA before this show!

We did have problems making dining reservations onboard - one was lost and the TV and App didn't work great. But we always were able to "walk-in" and get a table for 2.  (We eat early.)  Next time I will make the effort to reserve dining ahead of time.

Our cabin was an aft Balcony on Deck 10.  Very quiet and just fine.  The balcony was surprisingly deep and had nice furniture.  There was plenty of storage and a very comfy bed.  The automatic night lights didn't bother us, but I was frustrated by the Automatic closet light.  It was on a timer and would shut off while I was rummaging in the closet, so I had to walk back and forth to turn it on.

The bathroom was small of course, but the shower curtain didn't bother me - there was no flooding from the shower.

We returned from our cruise with an unwelcome souvenir - a nasty bug which hit us a day or two later.  I will discuss the ports and the tours we took when I have more energy.  In the meantime, I am happy to answer any questions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I am sailing on this ship in 10 days time out of Southampton/UK & enjoyed your review, seems all is well with the ship & I now can't wait for embarkation day.   I am travelling with a friend in who is in a wheelchair & have been disappointed to find that not many of the excursions are suitable so we are mostly going to do our own thing once in port.

Thank you, annmarz, for the review.  We're going to be on the Caribbean in November, and very much looking forward to a return visit on one of our favorite ships.  An older one for sure (but hey, aren't we all!) and there are so many features that make it special, including the full wrap-around Promenade Deck.  Sorry to hear you missed Turks & Caicos--personally love the walk to Jack's Shack with a quick swim along the way.

-Jim

• Like 1

Thanks for the review. I'm interested in the Caribbean Princess as we will be sailing on her July 28 out of Southampton.  We did one cruise on her back in June 2018 on a Western Caribbean. I really liked the ship, as I do all the Grand class ships. 

• Like 1