Grand Princess pulled from Australia 2025/26

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 1:36 PM, Cruise Raider said:

I have heard rumor, but from a reliable source, the Grand might be sold.  
it’s past time for her to move on .. 

They have announced she will be deployed to the Caribbean,but it doesn't mean you're wrong I guess 🙂

Edited by Gretchendz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gretchendz said:

They have announced she will be deployed to the Caribbean,but it doesn't mean you're wrong I guess 🙂

This has been the rumor for about 10 years.  Since it is always in the top rated ships for Princess, it will be difficult to sink it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well we got our "replacement cruise".  It went from 30 day LA to Australia in a really nice room to cruise to Tahiti and back to LA.  Terrible room and they want 4 grand more!!!  Cancelled !  This company is becoming a joke.  We keep trying and trying and they just can't get it right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gitmo said:

Well we got our "replacement cruise".  It went from 30 day LA to Australia in a really nice room to cruise to Tahiti and back to LA.  Terrible room and they want 4 grand more!!!  Cancelled !  This company is becoming a joke.  We keep trying and trying and they just can't get it right.

You forgot the other point on this one - it is a month later. For us that defeats the whole purpose of the cruise 😞

2 hours ago, maponus said:

You forgot the other point on this one - it is a month later. For us that defeats the whole purpose of the cruise 😞

True.  

18 hours ago, Gitmo said:

Was that seriously offered as a replacement by Princess?  I haven't had any alternative offered yet, but I do think that it's ridiculous to suggest that cruise is any more suitable than a b2b carribean would be.

21 hours ago, Gitmo said:

I would check your cancellation email that you received from Princess! 

Ours states "...please be assured that if the cruise fare on your new voyage is higher, you will be rebooked at the original rate paid. If the fare on your new voyage is lower, you will be rebooked at the lower rate. Pre-booked shore excursions, spa, and dining reservations will be cancelled with costs refunded to the original form of payment..."

And that is for "rebook you on a replacement voyage that offers a similar itinerary." to be confirmed by May 31.  Patiently waiting for what they offer us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dunchues said:

Was that seriously offered as a replacement by Princess?  I haven't had any alternative offered yet, but I do think that it's ridiculous to suggest that cruise is any more suitable than a b2b carribean would be.

It wasn't even offered.  We woke up in the morning and they had replaced it on our account!

1 hour ago, SouthAltaCruisingFamily said:

I would check your cancellation email that you received from Princess! 

Ours states "...please be assured that if the cruise fare on your new voyage is higher, you will be rebooked at the original rate paid. If the fare on your new voyage is lower, you will be rebooked at the lower rate. Pre-booked shore excursions, spa, and dining reservations will be cancelled with costs refunded to the original form of payment..."

And that is for "rebook you on a replacement voyage that offers a similar itinerary." to be confirmed by May 31.  Patiently waiting for what they offer us.

Even if it was the same price; it's a worse room and includes 22 sea days!

8 minutes ago, Gitmo said:

It wasn't even offered.  We woke up in the morning and they had replaced it on our account!

I'm not surprised you're disappointed,  its no substitute at all for the original and I would do just as you have done and cancel.

35 minutes ago, Dunchues said:

I'm not surprised you're disappointed,  its no substitute at all for the original and I would do just as you have done and cancel.

It all worked out; we found a really nice 23 day trip on Seabourn for about the same price and time!  Then we booked a NCL 2026 Africa cruise.  Then we booked a Windstar 2027 Eclipse cruise.  Good luck to everyone, we really hope they don't do you dirty like they did with us.  We have a 21 day Princess trip in July and we are looking forward to that.  Sadly though, we are moving on to another line.  It came down to loss of confidence in Princess.  I was always told "you can't stay in second grade 'cause you like the teacher"!  Happy sailing !

• Like 2

We will also probably end up canceling our cruise. I had a two cabins on Aloha, a wheelchair accessible balcony with an interior close by. Received my new cruise/staterooms today.  26 day Sydney to Los Angeles in April 2026, which leaves two days later and has two few ports, so similar. However, the balcony is on deck 15/Marina and is not wheelchair accessible while my interior is all the way down on deck 8/Emerald. According to my TA, it appears they are not protecting the price even though I have the letter that says they are. She's going to call Princess and try to get it all figured out.  ☹️

• Like 1

22 hours ago, COTINGEY said:

We will also probably end up canceling our cruise. I had a two cabins on Aloha, a wheelchair accessible balcony with an interior close by. Received my new cruise/staterooms today.  26 day Sydney to Los Angeles in April 2026, which leaves two days later and has two few ports, so similar. However, the balcony is on deck 15/Marina and is not wheelchair accessible while my interior is all the way down on deck 8/Emerald. According to my TA, it appears they are not protecting the price even though I have the letter that says they are. She's going to call Princess and try to get it all figured out.  ☹️

Good luck, this is so sad.  

22 hours ago, COTINGEY said:

I just checked online as I am on the same cruise and want to change my cabin location. 

A301 is still available.  It is a fully accessible cabin.

Put a hold on that cruise right away and let your TA know.  Then you will have an accessible cabin. There are currently quite a few interior staterooms close by where A301 is located.

Hope this helps!

On 5/8/2024 at 3:51 PM, Cruise Raider said:

i truly love the Royal class even though we’ve sailed on the Grand, Golden and Star several times.  
Even on the last time we cruised on each one of these ships, they were really showing their age.  

Our TA came through - we have a wheelchair balcony on Dolphin with an interior nearby.  I personally don't care for the sideways interiors, so I didn't want Aloha.  She was able to get Princess to price match our Grand pricing. For now, we are all set.

THANK YOU for watching out for me.

Robyn

• Like 3