Explora Journey's Explora 1

Let me say there is a lot to like about Explora but at the same time...

Lots of up charges for certain spirits, not a single decent rum on board even if you wanted to pay for it (and one of the head bartenders agreed and said they have gotten a lot of negative feedback about the limited non-upsell spirits. And totally agreed about rum selections.) Excursion prices absolutely ridiculous, in Kauai where we were only there for 4 hours between ship clearance and all onboard they wanted over 200 Euros to go for a less than 10 minute ride to Gaylords for a rum tasting (Kohola rum, not bad stuff) and train ride and some food.  I have had great dinners there multiple times and with a good bottle of wine nowhere 400 Euros for 2.  

Departure documents claimed a taxi to airport was 80 Euros.  Ours cost with tip $42 US.  

• Like 1

Hi, does anyone know if Explora offers solo guests a break on pricing? 

On 5/10/2024 at 7:53 AM, paulh84 said:

Would you consider Explora as an actual luxury line or more of a small premium line like Oceania or Azamara? I was considering Explora for an upcoming cruise but went with RC Yachts instead. It seemed like the consensus was Explora falls quite a bit short of a true lux line like Silversea or Seabourn. 

I rank it luxury

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, does anyone know if Explora offers solo guests a break on pricing? 

Not exactly sure what you mean by „break on pricing“, but their supplement for solo cruisers is quite low on most cruises. That applies for categories OT 1-4 and GT only though. PH and above are usually 80-100% surcharge. 

Check out their current pricing for any cruise you are interested in and you can see what I mean. 

16 hours ago, mike@sea said:

Not exactly sure what you mean by „break on pricing“, but their supplement for solo cruisers is quite low on most cruises. That applies for categories OT 1-4 and GT only though. PH and above are usually 80-100% surcharge. 

Check out their current pricing for any cruise you are interested in and you can see what I mean. 

Good morning, I meant do they charge double for solo guests or do they offer a lower single supplement? Thanks for your reply. I did look at the the website and maybe I just didn't see what I was looking for.......will give it another look.

The single supplement varies between as low as 20% and a full 100%. Supplement for PH suites and above is usually 100%.
Simply do a cruise search for any month you wish to travel based on single occupancy selection. If you would like to see the price difference to double occupancy, repeat the search based on 2 people instead of 1.