Port of Miami - Do I have to park in Royal Caribbean garage?

I was just checking parking rates for my June Icon of the Seas cruise, and was shocked at how expensive parking garage A (dedicated Royal Caribbean garage) is! For one week the rate is $245, while all other garages and lots are $145. I was considering parking in garage B instead. Has anyone else done this? How far is the walk from the next closest parking lot/garage to the Royal Caribbean terminal? Is it worth $100 to park closer? My husband and I are in our 40's, both in good health, and have no issues with physical activity, but it will be June and extremely hot outside, so we wouldn't want to do a 15-20 minute walk. Any insight is appreciated! 

6 hours ago, alishac said:

Any insight is appreciated! 

This is news to me that there's a price difference between garages at Port Miami. I will keep that in mind. As far as I know, you can park wherever you want to. I arrived to a full garage one time and had to park at a different garage. You get a ticket when you go into a garage and pay when you depart so it shouldn't matter where you go after you park. You might want to drop one person off with the luggage at the RCI terminal and then go park and walk back empty-handed.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

This is news to me that there's a price difference between garages at Port Miami. I will keep that in mind.

From the Port Miami website (https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp😞

Rates & Payment

Payment for All Garages and Surface Lots

• Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or any major U.S. Traveler’s Check. Debit cards are not accepted

Garage A (Royal Caribbean)

• View rates online for parking rate information, reservation, or any other inquiries related to Garage A

Garage J 

• Pre-paid only. Passengers pay upon arrival at Garage J and are given a decal to display on their vehicle for the duration of their cruise

Garages B, C, D, F, G, V, J and Surface Lots C, D and E

• Short term, per vehicle, per space, per day (no overnight) or fraction of $10
  • Long term (overnight or greater), per vehicle, per space, per day or fraction of $22
  • Long term (high density, overnight or greater), per vehicle, per space, per day or fraction of $22
  • Special events, per vehicle, per space, no less than $15
  • Lost ticket (equivalent to 11-day cruise), per vehicle, per space, for a maximum of $242

Surface Lot E

• Open lot with no overhead clearance with designated spaces for oversized vehicles
  • Accommodates oversized vans, recreational vehicles and vehicles with trailers
  • $22 per space, per day. If two spaces are utilized, $44 per day
  • If assistance is needed to park an oversized vehicle, please call 305-960-5463 or 305-960-6454

The link for terminal A (https://www.royalmiamiparking.com/?doing_wp_cron=1704307327.3007121086120605468750😞

Parking

Rates & Payment

Royal Caribbean Terminal A Garage rates:
  • Cruise Parking - $35 per night (effective Sunday, December 3rd, 2023)

@alishac - If you haven't done so already, I suggest posting this on the Royal Caribbean board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/51-royal-caribbean-international/) because, while this board is dedicated to all things related to Florida ports, your question is so specific to RCI that it will be seen there by more RCI passengers out of Port Miami.  BTW I agree that the pricing certainly looks like highway (or parking lot) robbery.  Is that a new terminal? Maybe they are trying to recoup their investment as quickly as possible?

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

I believe the terminal is fairly new and the garage is owned by RCI, so they set the pricing. Good idea to post on the RCI board, I will try them as well.