Help from early risers in Whittier please.

mattR

If you happen to be on the Royal Princess this year and are up early on Whittier day can you take a look at the gangway and let me know what is the earliest time you see passengers walking off the ship with their luggage. 

My Sister booked a private transfer from Whittier to Anchorage to catch a later morning flight (against my recommendations but only way she can get home that day). 

Hopefully there will be some first hand accounts before we sail on Jul 13th

Thanks 

You've asked this question before, months ago. Previous posts indicate disembarking in Whittier is between 6:30am-7am. We were on the Royal 2 years ago and folks were walking off at 7am. No idea who your private transfer is with but hopefully it's Bear Valley Roadrunner. I believe they are the only private transfer company in Whittier. Have to imagine they would know as they probably pick folks up every cruise that arrives in Whittier. Maybe you could contact them. They should know.

• Like 1

I think cruise ship tours start disembarking between 6-6:30.

I think your private tour company will know the proper time and timing it with the tunnel.

I see nothing wrong with private transportation. Which company did she book with? There are only a couple and those ones posted here get good reviews.

Don't remember who she booked with I think it's a company out of Anchorage, but yes it was one recommended from this site.  I know I asked this question a few months ago but am hoping to get some current up to date info from this season. Maybe someone who is on the Royal Princess could talk with the tour desk for me to see what time the first Princess transfer bus leaves for Anchorage.  My sister had a transfer booked through Princess by mistake and when she called to inquire about it she was told it departed after 9am.