3rd/4th Guest

NCL make various mentions of "3rd & 4th Guest Free" but when pricing through their web site

or any agents, the 3rd/4th passengers are being priced the same.   Does this apply only

to certain ship/routes?    There doesn't seem to be any way to find it.  Also, it says

1st/2nd guest must pay "full fare" so does that mean not the NCL 35% discounted

price or the discounted prices offered by 3rd party agents (cruise critic etc.).  Is this

just a dishonest/cynical marketing thing - e.g. there's actually only one cruise with one cabin somewhere,

once a year that gives 3rd/4th free but they draw you in with the headline ?

Thanks,

I haven't seen that promo here in EU, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was maninly marketing "fluff". Guessing all passengers pay taxes and fees for example.

When you say they all pat same price, have you compared the price per passenger on a 4 person booking and a 2 person booking? That would be the way to actually tell how "free" 3rd and 4th are.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I haven't seen that promo here in EU, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was maninly marketing "fluff". Guessing all passengers pay taxes and fees for example.

When you say they all pat same price, have you compared the price per passenger on a 4 person booking and a 2 person booking? That would be the way to actually tell how "free" 3rd and 4th are.

Yes...compared...when I add the 3rd and 4th it goes up by the same per person price...

3rd.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just did a mock booking for a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Bliss, a balcony for 2 is the same as a balcony for 3, except for the port fees and taxes for the 3rd guest.

Heres for 3 - 

image.thumb.png.841813cf953f92551f6c602862f37b9f.png

The price breakdown for 3 even shows $0 for the 3rd guest - 

image.thumb.png.38b39b2e28ef5b9f7faadab7f12c2883.png

Here's for 2

image.thumb.png.491916fa217bc01739fce30cc4ca9a52.png

Edited by hallux
  • Like 2

The key words there are "select sailings." Many of these promos don't exist for new ships like the Aqua.  However the third and forth guest are still only $99 each for my sailing in February 2026.  Cruising promos are like new car advertisements.  There is lots of fine print.  NCL started saying 50% off all cruises.  Well when you read between the lines that only means when you buy a double occupancy cruise, the second person sails "free" thus 50% off.  That is stretching things a bit IMHO. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack1980 said:

NCL make various mentions of "3rd & 4th Guest Free" but when pricing through their web site

or any agents, the 3rd/4th passengers are being priced the same.   Does this apply only

to certain ship/routes?    There doesn't seem to be any way to find it.  Also, it says

1st/2nd guest must pay "full fare" so does that mean not the NCL 35% discounted

price or the discounted prices offered by 3rd party agents (cruise critic etc.).  Is this

just a dishonest/cynical marketing thing - e.g. there's actually only one cruise with one cabin somewhere,

once a year that gives 3rd/4th free but they draw you in with the headline ?

Thanks,

Just filter your search results and select 3rd & 4th guests. 

image.thumb.png.8cd1a61d93d398b4f8ac159c1f031019.png

2 hours ago, Asawi said:

I was able to find 20+ sailings for 3rd and 4th free available in Europe this year..

image.thumb.png.318940e535939911d476ac229c6b05fc.png

5 minutes ago, sicness4x4 said:

I was able to find 20+ sailings for 3rd and 4th free available in Europe this year..

What I meant is that as a EU person I  haven't seen that particular promo. Or at least not noticed it. (Being a solo traveller I wouldn't have been looking anyway so I may have missed it.)

4 minutes ago, Asawi said:

What I meant is that as a EU person I  haven't seen that particular promo. Or at least not noticed it. (Being a solo traveller I wouldn't have been looking anyway so I may have missed it.)

On NCL's EU page accessed from Norway...

image.thumb.jpeg.85df3ac57e269af6f0e6ff0d2cfbefd0.jpeg

3 minutes ago, sicness4x4 said:

On NCL's EU page accessed from Norway...

I stand corrected! You are absolutely right! And I could use the "more filters" and clic "3rd passenger free" (or something like that)to find the cruises.

But, as I said, I'm a solo traveller so makes no difference to me!

3 hours ago, Jack1980 said:

NCL make various mentions of "3rd & 4th Guest Free" but when pricing through their web site or any agents, the 3rd/4th passengers are being priced the same.   Does this apply only to certain ship/routes?    There doesn't seem to be any way to find it. 

Thanks,

You'll probably find the price per cabin is  the same.  The cruise lines divide the cabin cost by four unless they advertise 3/4 sail free, then the cruise line divides the cost by two.  

Example:  if a cabin, hypotheticall is $4000, the usual price is $1000 per person if their are four passengers.  If the cabin is advertised as 3/4 sail free, then the price is divided by two and the price is $2000 per person.  All the cruise lines do something similar.

43 minutes ago, sicness4x4 said:

Select 3rd and 4th guests in more filters..

Thanks... thagt was helpful - I hadn't spotted that checkbox.  They do exist, just not for my months/routes... so it's not actually a scam  🙂

57 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Not a scam, just not a very good deal.

A scam is a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation.  Clearly, claiming something is free when it is not, is a scam.

58 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

A scam is a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation.  Clearly, claiming something is free when it is not, is a scam.

And if it were a scam NCL would not be advertising it.