Adjoining Cabins on Mardi Gras

Way back in the day we did the same thing in error.  We found that there seemed to be a little more noise heard from the cabin next door, including hearing all conversations clearly as though we were in same room (no matter how low it seemed they had the TV it was always heard in the background).  Luckily they were not late night people and it made us more aware of what we talked about and our level of conversation.  

Lesson learned and that is one of the first things I check after the cabin category still after all these years.  We do not even consider when we happen to be cruising with family members, actually we kind of make sure the cabins around us are already booked 😂.  Makes for a much better cruise for all.  

• Like 1

Another consideration besides the noise: Depending on the cabin layout, the placement of the connecting door may deprive you of a couch or chair which is against that wall in regular cabins.

• Like 1

I had an adjoining cabin 2 years ago. No issues what so ever, now that couldve been our neighbors werent noisy but we had no problems. 

• Like 1

There’s a room I used to book on Dream class. When Vista class came out I booked the same room without realizing they changed it into an adjoining room. I could hear everything said in the next room. I never made that mistake again.

Hopefully they have better privacy on the excel class.

https://youtube.com/shorts/-9H63MlTSNA?si=O-KOaYDBdBvvKCiH

• Like 2